Myrtle Spurge, plant burns 6 children faces

October 9th, 2008 - 2:56 pm ICT by Bupha Ravirot  

Myrtle Spurge plantA toxic plaint called ‘Myrtle Spurge’ caused burn to over six girls in Colorado Springs.

The white substance inside the plant ‘Myrtle Spurge’ is poisonous

All the 6 girls said that they were playing in the yard and plucking up the Myrtle Spurge, pretending it could be milk, they squeezed it out into a cup. Poison in the plant made the girls’ lips and tongues numb and burn, their faces got blister and burns.

The parents quickly figured out it was the plant, and some-how the girls had gotten the white sticky stuff all over their faces.

However the girls’ faces will heal with-out any scarring. Their parents are urging other parents to check out what’s in their yards.

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Health, Health Science, World, World News |

Subscribe