My boy won’t cut ponytail: Father tells schoolSeptember 21st, 2011 - 8:00 pm ICT by IANS
London, Sep 21 (IANS) The father of an 11-year-old boy in Britain has made it a human rights issue after his son was asked by his school to cut off his three-inch ponytail.
The Westhoughton High School in Bolton told Connor Wallwork that his unusual hairstyle breached the uniform code.
Geoff Wallwork, 46, has withdrawn his son Connor from classes, claiming the school is infringing his son’s human rights.
“He’s had the ponytail since he was a toddler, it is natural to him. It would be like cutting someone’s finger off. I’ve spoken to the head and he says it’s got to come off,” Daily Mail reported Wednesday quoting the father as saying.
Wallwork has now asked the school to send work home for his son. “I like my hair the way it is and don’t want to have it cut,” Connor said.
- Grave robbers freaked out by pony-tailed mummy - Mar 22, 2012
- Will-Kat spend first night at palace - Apr 30, 2011
- UK airport tells traveller toy soldier's three-inch rifle is safety threat on plane - Jan 28, 2011
- David Beckham - the hairdresser! - Sep 10, 2011
- Man creates 240-volt booby trap for tenant - Nov 12, 2011
- 3-year-old kicked off from flight for refusing to wear his seatbelt - May 31, 2012
- Iran bans ponytails and mullets - Jul 07, 2010
- Briton gets world's first battery-powered heart pump - Aug 17, 2012
- Connor Cruise lands his major film role - Aug 13, 2012
- Five-year-old boy all set to get his first haircut - Mar 15, 2012
- Indian women should try messy, classic look: French hairstylist (With Images) - Apr 28, 2012
- Kashmir rights panel slams staged shootouts - Jul 19, 2012
- I am a typical mother, says Madonna - Jul 02, 2010
- Pet lizard 'plucks' game ants off Android screen - Dec 18, 2011
- Singer Zubeen Garg's ponytail cut off by fan - Jan 30, 2010