Muthalik’s entry in Karnataka district bannedMarch 16th, 2009 - 7:25 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, March 16 (IANS) Pramod Muthalik, president of Hindu outfit Sri Rama Sene, was Monday barred by authorities from entering a coastal Karnataka district for one year, as his presence could lead to communal disharmony in the area.
An official spokesperson said district administration of Dakshina Kannada passed a 15-page order citing various reasons, including an attack on young women in a Mangalore pub in January and Valentine’s day threat, to bar Muthalik’s entry to the district.
Mangalore is the headquarters of Dakshina Kannada, around 350 kms from here.
The order by district magistrate V. Ponnuraj came into effect immediately, the spokesperson said by phone from Mangalore.
A group of 40 activists of the Sri Rama Sene barged into the pub Amnesia - The Lounge in Mangalore and bashed up a group of young women and men, claiming the women were violating traditional Indian values.
Muthalik had also threatened to disrupt Valentine’s Day celebrations.
- Sri Ram Sene Chief Pramod Muthalik banned from Mangalore - Mar 16, 2009
- Mysore Police takes Sri Ram Sene chief into custody - Apr 06, 2009
- Sri Ram Sene will not find any takers in Goa: Naik - Mar 17, 2009
- Action against those inviting Muthalik to Goa: CM - Jul 18, 2012
- Goa CM dismisses Sri Ram Sene chief as inconsequential - Jun 27, 2012
- Muthalik will be arrested if he enters Goa: Parrikar (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Mumbai ATS to probe Sri Rama Sene-Purohit links - Jan 29, 2009
- Girls thrashed at Karnataka's Mangalore for partying - Jul 28, 2012
- Mangalore pub's licence should be cancelled: NCW - Jan 31, 2009
- Rama Sene chief apologises for Mangalore attack (Lead) - Jan 28, 2009
- No religion for purpose of statecraft: Parrikar - Jun 13, 2012
- Ram Sene chief Muthalik attacked in Bangalore - Feb 11, 2010
- Seven more held for assaulting women in Mangalore, hunt on for leaders - Jan 26, 2009
- Self-styled moral brigade attacks women in Mangalore pub - Jan 25, 2009
- 'Rent-a-riot' Muthalik pays for his fanaticism (Letter from Bangalore) - May 21, 2010
Tags: activists, authorities, celebrations, communal disharmony, dakshina kannada, district administration, district magistrate, hindu, presence, sene, spokesperson, sri rama, traditional indian values, valentine s day, women and men, young women