Musharraf will be impeached: Pak ruling coalitionAugust 7th, 2008 - 8:13 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Aug 6 (ANI): President Pervez Musharraf will have to face impeachment under Article 47 of the Constitution if he fails to take vote of confidence from the assemblies immediately.
Pakistan Peoples Party Co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari at a joint press conference with Pakistan Muslim League-N chief Nawaz Sharif announced about Musharrafs impeachment.
The announcement came after two-days of marathon meetings held by the ruling coalition parties including PPP, PML-N and Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam.
The President had failed to take vote of confidence after February 18 general elections, Asif Zardari pointed out.
He said the coalition has resolved that the President sacked the top judiciary through extra-judicial means.
The policies pursued by the President Musharraf led government are responsible for the economic impasse, worst power shortage in the history, he said.
It has now become imperative to impeach President Pervez Musharraf under Article 47, Asif Zardari said. (ANI)
- Raja Pervez Ashraf elected Pakistan's 25th PM (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Raja Pervez Ashraf is PPP candidate for PM's post (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Major setback for Pakistan government as MQM parts ways - Dec 28, 2010
- Race for Pakistan PM: PPP drops Shahabuddin, names Ashraf (Evening Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Pakistan's political crisis hints at possibility of change - Jan 05, 2011
- Gilani rejects trust vote as Zardari returns home (Second Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Why doesn't judiciary act against Musharraf in Benazir case: Zardari - Jan 08, 2012
- Zardari seeks unity of allies before US visit - Jan 13, 2011
- 'Sworn enemies' Musharraf, Sharif and Zardari are 'famous Facebook friends'! - Mar 19, 2011
- MQM bombshell leaves PPP-led Pak coalition govt in crisis - Jan 03, 2011
- Breakthrough eludes Gilani in Pakistan's political crisis (Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- 'Tamed' NAB not pursuing corruption cases against Zardari as well as Sharifs - Mar 15, 2011
- No legal action against me upon return: Musharraf - Sep 15, 2010
- Musharraf smoked cigars and had coffee with Zardari even after Benazir's assassination - Feb 17, 2011
- Former Pakistani President Musharraf launches new party - Oct 02, 2010
Tags: asif ali zardari, asif zardari, co chairman, coalition parties, general elections, impasse, impeachment, jamiat, marathon meetings, nawaz sharif, pakistan muslim league, pakistan peoples party, party co, pervez musharraf, pml n, power shortage, president musharraf, president pervez musharraf, ulema, vote of confidence