Murderers should be hanged: Slain businessman’s wifeJune 17th, 2009 - 2:55 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, June 17 (IANS) Laxmi Singh, wife of Patna businessman Satyendra Singh whose decomposed body was found in the Ganges river last week, Wednesday demanded death penalty for prime accused Janata Dal-United (JD-U) leader Vijay Krishna and his son Chanakya.
“They (Krishna and Chanakya) should be hanged till death. They deserve this punishment. They murdered my husband and made me a widow. They should not be given anything less than death penalty,” Laxmi Singh told IANS here Wednesday.
“They have made my life miserable and full of pain. I urge the government to catch hold of Krishna and Chanakya and give them capital punishment,” Laxmi added.
Krishna and Chanakya have been accused of kidnapping and killing 50-year-old Satyendra Kumar Singh and dumping his body in the Ganges. Krishna’s domestic help had revealed that Singh was killed in a flat owned by Chanakya in the presence of Krishna. Blood stains were also found by the police in the same flat last week.
The properties of the accused, who have been evading arrest, were attached by the police Tuesday after it secured the order from the court of chief judicial magistrate. Patna senior superintendent of police R. Mallar Vizhi said the police may attach their properties in their native village Kalyanpur in rural Patna soon.
Police suspect that both the accused may have fled the country.
- Give death penalty to murderer: wife of slain Bihar businessman - Jan 26, 2010
- Murder-accused JD-U leader's property attached - Jun 16, 2009
- Bihar police intensify efforts to nab murder-accused JD-U leader - Jun 13, 2009
- Take polygraph test, slain Patna businessman's wife tells ex-MP - Sep 07, 2009
- JD-U leader's bail to be challenged in Supreme Court - Jan 08, 2010
- Bihar JD-U leader arrested for businessman's murder - Aug 20, 2009
- Former MP and JD-U leader gets bail in murder case - Jan 07, 2010
- Police for speedy trial of former MP facing murder charge - Aug 21, 2009
- Body of abducted Patna businessman found - Jun 12, 2009
- Family of abducted Bihar businessman wants CBI probe - Jun 10, 2009
- JD-U leader denied anticipatory bail in kidnapping case - Jun 09, 2009
- Kidnapped businessman's family slams delay in JD-U leader's arrest - Jun 04, 2009
- Abducted Bihar businessman's family demands JD-U leader's arrest - Jun 02, 2009
- Fear of abductions haunts Bihar again - May 31, 2009
- Bihar ruling party legislator accused in liquor trader's killing - May 27, 2012
Tags: blood stains, businessman, capital punishment, chanakya, death penalty, decomposed body, domestic help, evading arrest, ganges river, janata, jd, judicial magistrate, laxmi, mallar, murderers, presence, superintendent, vijay krishna