Mum, paramedics rescue toddler from backyard poolMarch 17th, 2011 - 4:38 pm ICT by IANS
Melbourne, March 17 (IANS) A mother and paramedics in Australia managed to save a child’s life after she was found floating face down in a backyard swimming pool.
The 22-month-old toddler was found by her mother at The Basin, a suburb in Melbourne, Thursday, Herald Sun reported.
Just as the mother noticed the little girl’s heart had stopped, she started to perform CPR (Cardiopulmonary resuscitation), an emergency procedure attempted to return life to a person in cardiac arrest. The baby girl regained consciousness soon after.
Ambulance Victoria officers called to the scene said the girl was alert and acting normally when they arrived.
“Mum was understandably distraught. In the same light however, I think she was actually pretty pleased that she was able to save her daughter’s life and remembered everything she and her husband had learnt in her first aid course some time ago,” intensive care paramedic Cullen Hamilton said.
The child was in a stable condition at Maroondah Hospital Wednesday night.
- Twitter as a lifesaver? - Nov 13, 2011
- Michael Jackson rushed to hospital - heart attack - Jun 26, 2009
- Houston mum jailed after 20-month-old toddler gets drunk on Four Loko - Mar 19, 2011
- Duncan had a natural death - Sep 05, 2012
- Hands-Only CPR Easier And Effective Say American Heart Association - Jul 30, 2010
- Baby Falak's mother performs her last rites - Mar 16, 2012
- Battered baby Falak dies of cardiac arrest (Third Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- CPR without mouth-to-mouth breathing 'better for cardiac arrest victims' - Jul 29, 2010
- Couple calls ambulance to save cat - Aug 19, 2011
- Fan has near death experience at Lady Gaga's concert - Apr 24, 2011
- Children can be trained to save lives - Aug 01, 2009
- Battered by father, Bangalore baby dies (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- "Hands-Only" CPR Enough to Save Lives - Jul 30, 2010
- Makeshift plastic bag incubator saves premature baby - Aug 08, 2010
- Hands-Only CPR A Better Cure To Save Cardiac Patients, Says New Study - Jul 30, 2010
Tags: ambulance victoria, baby girl, backyard pool, cardiac arrest, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, care paramedic, consciousness, emergency procedure, first aid course, herald sun, intensive care, little girl, march 17, maroondah hospital, melbourne march, paramedics, stable condition, suburb in melbourne, swimming pool, wednesday night