Movie buffs can now search all film genres on new websiteJanuary 28th, 2009 - 3:05 pm ICT by ANI
London, January 28 (ANI): Movie buffs can now get information as to which film is being shown at which cinema hall on a new website.
Internet users can search form movies as well as where and how they can be watched on the findanyfilm.com.
The website also gives cinema listings, DVD sale and rental options, and suggests legal download sites.
More than 30,000 filmsincluding action movies, thrillers, classics, and Bollywood hitsare said to be part of the catalogue.
The website not only searches the film, but also brings up all the formats it is available in.
It even provides information on proximity, price, and popularity.
Movie buffs can read a synopsis of the film, watch the trailer, and even click through to book tickets or buy or rent the DVD.
Just in case a film being looked for is unavailable in the UK, the user can sign up to receive an email alert when it finally reaches these shores.
The UK Film Council, which has set up findanyfilm.com, claims that it will vastly speed-up and simplify movie searches.
“This new site is going to transform how consumers find the films they want to watch - we will soon wonder how we ever coped without it,” Sky News quoted Peter Buckingham, the head of distribution and exhibition at the council, as saying.
“We have turned what was often an incredibly time-consuming, frustrating process into one that makes it much easier for film fans to see films in the UK,” he added.
The website, however, is not the first of its kind.
“It’’s a great idea because people do use the web to research what they will see in the cinema or on dvd,” said Sky News entertainment correspondent Matt Smith.
“But they are a bit late to the party because there is already a similar site that everyone in the industry and film buffs use, called IMDB.com,” he added. (ANI)
- First Vidhu Vinod Chopra online film festival on Yahoo! - May 31, 2012
- One film a year from now, says Kunder (Movie Snippets) - Aug 05, 2012
- Indian, world cinema set new trends at Osian's film fest (Review) - Aug 06, 2012
- As movies shrink into gadgets, young Indians watch on - Nov 21, 2010
- Pankaj Advani’s Cape Karma To Debut Online On Dingora.com - Dec 06, 2010
- Now watch licensed movies on Yahoo! - Aug 16, 2011
- New DVD filters that block all naughty bits - Mar 24, 2010
- Liam Gallagher sleeps in cinema hall - May 29, 2011
- Ecelectic mix and new cinema tech on show at IFFI - Nov 30, 2011
- Watch Bengali Movies Online At Dingora.Com - Aug 05, 2010
- UTV World Movies website becomes user-friendly - Jul 31, 2010
- Movie buff? Here's what cinema does to writers (IANS Book Review) - May 17, 2011
- No new Urdu, Punjabi films, Pakistanis flock to watch Batman - Aug 20, 2012
- 'Lion 200' DVD Is A Tribute To Dr. Vishnuvardhana - Sep 22, 2010
- Google to include personal email in web search results - Aug 09, 2012
Tags: buckingham, cinema hall, cinema listings, download sites, email alert, entertainment correspondent, film buffs, film council, film fans, film genres, internet users, matt smith, movie buffs, news entertainment, proximity, rental options, sky news, thrillers, uk film, website internet