Morning sex ‘can improve your health and mood’January 28th, 2011 - 12:52 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 28 (ANI): Want to kick start your day feeling healthy and positive? Look no further than the bedroom, suggests a new study
According to the research, adults who make love first thing in the morning apparently not only feel more upbeat for the rest of the day, but also benefit from a stronger immune system.
The study suggests that adults who begin their day this way are healthier and happier than those who simply opt for a cup of tea and some toast before heading out of the door.
Not only does it make them less likely to catch a cold or flu, it can also improve the quality of their hair, skin, and nails.
“Having sex in the morning releases the feel-good chemical oxytocin, which makes couples feel loving and bonded all day long,” the Daily Mail quoted Dr Debby Herbenick, an American research scientist and sex advice columnist, as saying.
Dr Herbenick, author of the book Because It Feels Good, added: “It makes you stronger and more beautiful too: Morning sex can strengthen your immune system for the day by enhancing your levels of IgA, an antibody that protects against infection.
“And it releases chemicals that boost levels of oestrogen, which improves the tone and texture of your skin and hair.”
Other studies suggest that the benefits do not end there. A study at Queens University in Belfast found that having sex three times a week could halve the risk of heart attack or stroke.
Research from Nottingham University also revealed that men who kept up a regular sex life in their 50s were also at lower risk of developing prostate cancer. (ANI)
- Cuddle chemical improves social cognition only in less socially proficient people - Sep 22, 2010
- A good sex life 'helps you live longer' - Jan 18, 2011
- 'Cuddle' spray to make men more loveable - May 01, 2010
- List of A-Z love bites! - Feb 09, 2010
- Kendra Wilkinson promotes sex - Apr 12, 2012
- Adolescence sex comes with health risks later - Nov 16, 2011
- Chemical found in plastics 'can increase testosterone levels in men' - Aug 26, 2010
- Cuddle chemical boosts flagging male libido - Apr 09, 2012
- Genetic clues to major cause of kidney disease worldwide found - Apr 06, 2011
- Here's how you can perk up your sex life - Mar 09, 2011
- Exercise protects you from forgetting things - Aug 10, 2011
- Exercise can also trigger female 'coregasms' - Mar 19, 2012
- Women who feel good about sexual organs more likely to orgasm - Sep 29, 2009
- Performing good deeds can be highly rewarding - Sep 09, 2010
- Sex hormone protects women from cardio risks - Aug 12, 2011
Tags: cup of tea, daily mail, debby, hair skin, heart attack, london jan, morning sex, nottingham university, oestrogen, oxytocin, prostate cancer, queens university, research scientist, rest of the day, risk of heart attack, sex advice columnist, skin and nails, stroke research, stronger immune system, university in belfast