MNS protest against NTCs plan to demolish a Mumbai Marathi theatreMarch 30th, 2008 - 5:12 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, Mar 30 (ANI): Maharashtra Navnirman Senas (MNS) supporters took out a protest on Sunday against the National Textile Corporation (NTC) plans to develop a piece of land by demolishing a theatre, which screens only Marathi movies.
MNS supporters demanded that a new theatre must be constructed if the Bharatmata Theatre is demolished.
We just want this Marathi Theatre, if you are demolishing this so make the new one. If you will not open the Marathi Theatre for us, this protest will be continued, said MNS Secretary Pravin Darekar.
Bharatmata Theatre still shows films at the very affordable rate of 20 rupees and is the only theatre in the city that screens only Marathi films, he added.
The Bhoivada police arrested over 800 MNS supporters. (ANI)
- MNS wing threatens stir against multiplexes - Aug 13, 2012
- Censor board denies charges on Marathi film certification - Nov 15, 2011
- Raj Thackeray meets Marathi filmmakers - Aug 16, 2010
- Rakhi Sawant, others join Raj's film workers' sena - Mar 24, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi ill-informed: Raj Thackeray retorts to speech - Nov 14, 2011
- MNS bags Nashik mayor's post - with BJP support - Mar 15, 2012
- Marathi vs migrants - cops told to study leaders' speeches - Nov 04, 2011
- Defiant MNS asks Mumbai residents not to pay toll tax - Jul 29, 2012
- MNS dubs Chavan, Ajit Pawar, Patil '3 Idiots' of Maharashtra - Jan 17, 2011
- Elections will see communal parties losing relevance: Chavan - Feb 16, 2012
- Raj Thackeray attacks Maharashtra government on toll tax - Jun 12, 2012
- Nashik will have MNS mayor: Raj Thackeray - Feb 19, 2012
- Cops face suspension if illegal dance bars continue - Apr 09, 2010
- BJP keen on MNS as part of alliance in Maharashtra - Mar 01, 2011
- Play Marathi songs on FM channels: MNS - Jul 11, 2010