Missing woman traces out family after 34 years!July 28th, 2012 - 9:55 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 28 (IANS) A woman, long believed to be dead, has stunned her family by tracing it out after 34 years with the help of Facebook!
Susan Ardron emigrated to South Africa in 1975 where she suffered severe amnesia following a car crash in 1978. It is claimed she had a stormy relationship with her husband Sid who callously left her at the roadside with no ID and not knowing her own name, The Sun reported.
The man returned to Britain with their four kids. The woman’s family in South Yorkshire’s Rotherham town later approached the Red Cross, Salvation Army and even Cilla Black’s Surprise Surprise show to help them find her before finally giving up.
Susan’s memory, however, slowly returned. And a family who cared for the 61-year-old in Johannesburg helped her trace her British relatives with a search on Facebook.
Colin, Susan’s brother, said: “When Susan’s picture was sent to us on Facebook, I knew it was really her.”
Colin and Susan’s sisters — Dawn, Julie and Gail — have now urged the British Home Office to issue a passport for her so that she could finally return home.
“It’s a miracle. Susan still can’t remember her four children - who now have kids of their own,” said Dawn, one of the sisters.
Susan’s hubby Sid died earlier this year.
- Woman filmed stealing flowers from a grave - Dec 08, 2011
- Pregnant woman dies after drinking vinegar - May 22, 2012
- Depressed mum kills kids - Jul 30, 2011
- Honour killing: Two Pakistani brothers held - Oct 17, 2011
- Delhi celebrates Raksha Bandhan with gaiety - Aug 13, 2011
- Margaret Sutcliffe says that 'Larry the cat' at Number 10 is hers - Feb 24, 2011
- Colin Firth bags 'Actor Of The Year' gong at London Critics' Circle Film Awards - Feb 11, 2011
- Goa Police to probe if British woman was murdered - Jul 07, 2012
- Minaj not ready for kids - Apr 23, 2012
- Emma Bunton takes design tips from son - Jan 31, 2012
- Abandoned 71 years ago, woman seeks help to find identity - Dec 28, 2010
- British woman fined $118,000 for driving offences - Dec 13, 2011
- Mumbai Police rescue kidnapped boy from Uttar Pradesh - Apr 20, 2011
- Help coming way of Indian athlete Santhi Soundarajan - Jul 25, 2012
- Brit man 'strangles girlfriend to death during sex session that went wrong' - Apr 21, 2010
Tags: car crash, cilla black, dawn, facebook, gail, hubby, johannesburg, miracle, missing woman, passport, relatives, rotherham, salvation army, sid, south africa, south yorkshire, stormy relationship, surprise surprise, traces, yorkshire