Michael Phelps to pen book about his Olympic gloryAugust 23rd, 2008 - 1:36 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Aug 23 (ANI): Olympic superstar Michael Phelps is to write a book telling the story behind his historic eight gold medal swims, a rep for Free Press, an imprint of Simon & Schuster, has announced.
The 23-year-old will also be opening about his life.
Due in December, Built to Succeed will also focus on his life being raised by a single mother and coping with an attention-deficit disorder.
In the new issue of Us Weekly, his mother Debbie opens about her son’’s childhood.
“The bullying and adversity made him be stronger and work harder,” Us magazine quoted her, as saying.
“Michael may not have been able to focus in school, but I saw a passion for swimming at such a young age,” she said.
“He could be at a swim meet or practice for hours. It was a great outlet, she added. (ANI)
- Phelps gives up 200m for London Olympics - Jul 03, 2012
- Phelps and I will still be friends, says Lochte - Jul 29, 2012
- Olympics: Michael Phelps bids farewell - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympics: Rochte claims first gold in London, Phelps off podium - Jul 29, 2012
- Swimming Australia plans to lure Phelps for Thorpe showdown - Apr 03, 2011
- Late burst gives Phelps 100m butterfly gold - Aug 04, 2012
- Phelps, Lochte showdown in 200m medley - Aug 02, 2012
- Olympics swimming: Rochte claims gold, Phelps off podium (Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Phelps confirms retirement after London Olympics - Aug 03, 2012
- Phelps reveals future: Working with kids and swimming with sharks - Aug 06, 2012
- American Swimmer, Amanda Beard, Is Inscribing A Memoir Detailing Her Tormenting Past - Dec 15, 2010
- Michael Phelps' mom pens tell-all book - Apr 03, 2009
- S&S; in town, cult babycare book in tow - Aug 07, 2011
- Phelps wins 400m medley gold at Austin meet - Jan 15, 2012
- Michael Phelps reveals the strange things that drove him to success - Aug 27, 2008