Mexican woman pregnant with nine babiesApril 27th, 2012 - 7:25 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 27 (IANS) A Mexican woman, who has already given birth to triplets, is now pregnant with nine babies.
Karla Vanessa Perez — whose age was not disclosed — is expecting six girls and three boys. The babies were conceived using fertility treatment and are due May 20, the Daily Mail reported citing Mexico’s main broadcaster Televisa.
Perez is a resident of the northeastern state of Coahuila, which borders the US state of Texas.
“It’s very early to think of names for the babies. First I hope that everything goes well,” Perez said.
The successful delivery of the nine babies would be one of the highest multiple births ever recorded.
In 2009, a 36-year-old woman in California gave birth to octuplets, sparking worldwide media attention. Nadya Suleman — a mother of 14 — was dubbed “Octomum”.
Perez’s children would not be the first nonuplets to be born, but if they all live they will be the first to survive.
A set was born June 13, 1971, in Sydney to Geraldine Brodrick. None of the five boys and four girls lived. Two were stillborn and the last to survive died six days after birth.
Nonuplets were also born March 26, 1999, in Malaysia to Zurina Mat Saad. She had five boys and four girls but none of them survived more than six hours.
The highest recorded number of children born to one mother in the world, according to Guinness is 69. In 27 pregnancies, the Russian woman gave birth to 16 pairs of twins, seven sets of triplets and four sets of quadruplets in the 17th century.
- Mexican woman with nine babies a fraud, say doctors - May 01, 2012
- Iraqi woman gives birth to quadruplets - Apr 02, 2011
- Texas woman gives birth to six babies - Apr 24, 2012
- Octuplets celebrate 1st birthday - Jan 26, 2010
- Octomom Nadya Suleman 'had 12 embryos implanted' - Oct 19, 2010
- Octuplets'' granny says her daughter was obsessed with having kids - Feb 01, 2009
- Woman gives birth to quadruplets - Apr 16, 2010
- Tiniest, largest foetuses at greater risk of stillbirth - Jun 28, 2012
- Octomom Of America, Nadya Suleman, Voices To Oprah Winfrey That She Was A Baby Addict - Jan 17, 2011
- Octuplets mother hoping to earn $2M from her story - Feb 02, 2009
- California judge appoints financial guardian for US octuplets - Jul 28, 2009
- Woman gives birth after lying upside down for 75 days - Mar 09, 2012
- IVF babies from frozen embryos healthier - Jan 09, 2012
- Octomom doctor faces possible license revocation for gross negligence - Jul 14, 2010
- After 14 miscarriages, mum finally gives birth to a healthy baby - Mar 07, 2012
Tags: 17th century, brodrick, coahuila, daily mail, fertility treatment, four girls, geraldine, mexican woman, multiple births, nadya, nonuplets, northeastern state, pairs of twins, quadruplets, russian woman, six hours, state of texas, triplets, vanessa perez, worldwide media attention