Metro feeder bus services resume in DelhiMarch 19th, 2010 - 9:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 19 (IANS) Bringing respite to commuters, the services of Delhi Metro feeder buses were resumed on one route in east Delhi Friday. An official said the buses will operate on other routes soon.
“Delhi Metro restored its feeder bus route number ML-05 in east Delhi. A total of four feeder buses have been put in to this route. DMRC has hired drivers and conductors from a private agency to run these buses,” Delhi Metro spokesperson Anuj Dayal said.
“More buses and routes will be started soon, meanwhile, the efforts to engage the new operators to run the feeder bus service is in process,” he added.
DMRC temporarily suspended all the feeder bus services March 5 following termination of contract with operator Rajasthan Bombay Transport Corporation.
The Delhi Metro provided around 120 metro feeder buses on 15 routes across Delhi and services were available at select stations like Yamuna Bank, Kirti Nagar, Shastri Park, Welcome, Janakpuri East and Janakpuri West.
Thousands of commuters relied on the feeder buses to travel to and fro between their homes and the Metro stations at minimal fares.
- Delhi to get more Metro feeder buses - Feb 10, 2012
- Thousands suffer as Metro feeder buses go on strike - Sep 21, 2009
- Delhi Metro to begin operations at 2 p.m. on Holi - Mar 05, 2012
- Sreedharan inspects metro extension to Ghaziabad - Jun 16, 2011
- Delhi Metro to get new helpline number - Dec 26, 2010
- Metro, airport line to open at 2 p.m. on Holi - Mar 06, 2012
- Some Metro feeder buses back on roads - May 09, 2010
- Delhi Metro changes new helpline number - Dec 28, 2010
- Metro feeder bus drivers call off stir after fare hike - Sep 25, 2009
- Airport Metro feeder bus service from Wednesday - Sep 13, 2011
- Delhi Metro services to Ghaziabad begin - Jul 14, 2011
- Metro construction picks up; traffic snarls expected - Apr 21, 2012
- Work on Delhi Metro third phase to commence soon - May 08, 2011
- Delhi Metro to add 800 lifts and escalators - Jan 06, 2012
- No Metro service on Holi morning (Lead) - Feb 25, 2010
Tags: anuj, bus route, bus service, commuters, conductors, dayal, delhi metro, dmrc, east delhi, feeder bus services, feeder buses, kirti nagar, metro stations, park welcome, private agency, respite, shastri, spokesperson, termination of contract, transport corporation