Men are not from Mars, nor are women from Venus: StudyMarch 23rd, 2011 - 12:08 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, March 23 (ANI): The battle of the sexes could be a myth after all.
A study of 75 couples has found no evidence of gender differences, according to the Herald Sun.
It seems women and men are not hard-wired in opposite ways, nor do they think, react and behave differently within relationships, reports the Courier Mail.
The research team headed by Deakin University researcher Gery Karantzas questioned the couples about their relationship satisfaction, attachment style, trust, level of support, modes of communication, conflict and intimacy.
Any differences were not stereotypical, they found.
He argued that men valued power, competence and achievement; women valued feelings and the quality of relationships.
The 150 men and women in the study were secure, and had low levels of destructive, conflict-centred communication. They had high levels of partner support, trust and intimacy.
Researchers suggested the couples had not grown more like each other over time, but had been attracted in the first place because of similarities.
The couples in the study were aged 19-63 and had been together for 15 years on average.
The study was published by the Australian Institute of Family Studies. (ANI)
- When a couple, men, women don't think differently - Mar 23, 2011
- Sex before marriage hampers healthy relationship - Sep 02, 2012
- Women 'as likely as men to enjoy casual sexual' - Mar 24, 2011
- Cuddling vital for long-term happiness among couples - Jul 05, 2011
- Gay couples set sexual agreements to build trust, not for HIV protection - Jul 14, 2010
- Secure relationship leads to more satisfactory sex life - Jun 02, 2011
- Being happier than your wife could land your marriage in trouble - May 21, 2010
- Focusing on your partner's looks can ruin your romantic relationship - Apr 09, 2011
- Jealousy much more damaging when married - Feb 07, 2010
- Active kids grow into happier adults - May 04, 2011
- Young men more vulnerable to relationship ups and downs than women - Jun 09, 2010
- Nurture, not nature, explains why men, women are different - Aug 16, 2010
- Men and women are very different in personality traits - Jan 05, 2012
- Hormonal contraception drives joy out of sex for women - Oct 31, 2011
- Serotonin 'influences how we judge couples' intimacy - Apr 15, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,