Melinda Gates hopes hubby Bills charitable works will show world his huge heartDecember 26th, 2008 - 4:08 pm ICT by ANI
London, December 26 (ANI): Microsoft chairman Bill Gates wife, Melinda, hopes that her husbands charitable works will show the world the more caring side of her entrepreneur husband.
It may be worthwhile noting that the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has donated 11.6billion dollars to the words most needy causes since its inception in 2000.
Bill has donated so much that this year he ceased to be the worlds richest man, after 13 years in the top spot.
Melinda might be having an unparalleled fortune at her fingertips, but she insists on not enjoying her life as a billionaires wife.
She has been seen visiting slum areas in India, and embracing prostitutes with AIDS, rather than sunbathing on the deck of a luxury yacht.
Melinda admits that people often find it difficult to understand why she does not just sit back and enjoy the luxury her husbands wealth affords.
I cant imagine doing the cocktail party thing, the dressing-up, all the time. My mom knows that when Im in India that to get into the slum you go through a garbage dump, British tabloid The Sun quoted her as saying.
And she says, You know, Melinda, people cant understand why you enjoy visiting those places so much. But I love being in the slums.
Thats just part of who I am, my background and experience, she added.
She also revealed that Bill spends more time running the foundation with her ever since he retired from the day-to-day running of Microsoft six months ago.
Its a very deep connection to be able to work with your spouse on something that your hearts are completely engaged in. I couldnt think of anything better, she said.
Bill just came back from a trip to India with his dad. And the first thing he wanted to do was tell me all the things hed learnt.
When I return from Africa, the first person I want to talk to is Bill. Ill say, Oh my gosh! and all these light bulbs go off, she added.
Melinda hopes that Bills work will help the world to see the more caring side of her entrepreneur husband. (ANI)
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to focus on drugs, vaccine research - Mar 24, 2011
- Bill Gates to meet Akhilesh - May 29, 2012
- Britain to donate $1.32 bn to vaccinate poor kids - Jun 13, 2011
- Gates meets Health Secretary - May 14, 2010
- Mexico's Carlos Slim tops Forbes' richest list - Mar 08, 2012
- Global health award for Bihar chief minister - Jan 03, 2012
- Polio may be eradicated from India in two-three years: Gates - Mar 24, 2011
- India's rich keen to give back to society: Buffet, Gates - Mar 25, 2011
- Bill Gates-Akhilesh to sign MoU on health - May 30, 2012
- Kim Kardashian still believes in love - Mar 23, 2012
- Blige opens up; talks about addiction, molestation - Jul 26, 2011
- American Idol Gives Back: Alicia Keys Cracks, Who Goes Home? - Apr 22, 2010
- Vandana Gupta not interested in typical 'bahu' roles - Sep 05, 2012
- Bill Gates signs health projects with Bihar government - May 12, 2010
- Bill Gates lauds India's polio eradication drive - Jan 10, 2012
Tags: bill gates, british tabloid the sun, chairman bill gates, charitable works, cocktail party, december 26, hubby, light bulbs, luxury yacht, melinda gates foundation, microsoft chairman bill, microsoft chairman bill gates, needy causes, prostitutes, slum areas, slums, sunbathing, tabloid the sun, wife melinda, worlds richest man