Mel C has no plans of joining the baby clubAugust 3rd, 2008 - 6:56 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 3 (ANI): English singer songwriter Melanie Chisholm or Mel C as she is known, has no plans of joining the other Spice Girl members in becoming a yummy mummy.
Even though she adores children, Mel C is in no hurry to have any of her own, despite her age or her relationship.
“Arggh!” News of the World quoted her as yelling.
“Don”t mention the B” word! Everybody asks whether I”m going to be next or whether I”m trying at the moment.
“I hate to disappoint people, but the answer is no”. Everyone thinks that because I”m 34 and in a serious relationship, I”m desperate to start a family.
“But I”m not. I love kids and one of the best bits about touring with the Spice Girls this time round was getting to know everyone’’s babies.
“I think people expected me to start feeling broody, but I didn”t and I still don”t. I”m sure at some point babies will be part of my future, but I don”t think there’’s anything wrong with feeling happy without them,” she said.
Chisholms relationship with property developer boyfriend Thomas Starr has been going on for six years, and she has homes in London and Wales, and is feeling chilled about life. But motherhood can wait.
“It’’s great the other girls are mothers, but we all have different paths in life, and mine doesn”t include babies right now,” she said.
“And while I”m being so honest, I”d better say my current plans don”t include marriage either. Maybe one day, but right now neither of us is in any rush to change things,” she added. (ANI)
- Daughter made me brave: Mel C - Sep 12, 2012
- Mel C upset with Olympic play list - Jun 21, 2012
- Mel C unaware of Halliwell, Brand affair - Aug 31, 2012
- Mel C superstitious about marriage - May 16, 2011
- Mel C not ready for more kids - Sep 02, 2011
- Victoria left reunion party early for daughter - Jun 27, 2012
- Mel B doesn't care about pregnancy weight - Mar 23, 2011
- Motherhood is tough: Mel C - Jun 18, 2012
- Mel C wants to become mum again - Mar 05, 2010
- Mel B's sister reveals they haven't spoken in years - Jan 12, 2011
- Mel B can't stop talking about sex - Jan 01, 2011
- Mel C regrets permanent tattoos - Jun 29, 2012
- Mel C says motherhood has changed her life - Oct 25, 2009
- Baby Spice's son "in love" with Sporty Spice's daughter - Oct 31, 2009
- Mel B wants another 'Spice Girls' reunion - Mar 20, 2011
Tags: babies, baby club, best bits, club london, different paths, english singer songwriter, girl members, hurry, mel c, melanie chisholm, motherhood, news of the world, property developer, rush, serious relationship, six years, spice girl, spice girls, thomas starr, yummy mummy