Man buys island to be buried with wifeApril 22nd, 2012 - 8:59 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 22 (IANS) A man in Britain has purchased a tiny island to ensure he and his wife have their final resting place.
Piers Casimir-Mrowczynski, 50, snapped up the tiny Mackenzie Island, near the isle of Islay, to be his final resting place, the Daily Mail reported.
Head of Information Communications Technology (ICT) at Beechwood Park boarding school in St. Albans, Hertfordshire county, he purchased the uninhabited island for 55,000 pounds (over $88,000) this week.
Casimir-Mrowczynski said he was drawn to the idea when he was diagnosed with cancer of the appendix three years ago. Now he and wife Pauline, 50, plan to be buried there when they die.
“About three years ago I had cancer of the appendix. That was a really hard time…The cancer battle got me thinking about where I wanted to be laid to rest, when my time comes, and this island just seemed perfect,” said Casimir-Mrowczynski.
“We plan for our children to be involved in it, once we die, and it will be held in a trust. We hope to keep it for all time, as it is now,” he added.
- Fabregas wrecks 100 K pound Merc - Apr 05, 2011
- China to develop uninhabited islands for tourism - Apr 11, 2011
- Japan to buy disputed islands - Sep 05, 2012
- Games Village top class, say Isle of Man shooters - Sep 28, 2010
- Murder suspect caught after severed 'thumb fell from sky' - Jan 14, 2011
- Couple plunges 350 ft by driving over suicide cliff - Aug 19, 2011
- Briton keeps two wives for 20 years, exposed - Jun 24, 2012
- Rat Island to be renamed by new owner - Oct 03, 2011
- Robbie Williams 'proposed to Ayda Field on their favourite UFO-hunting spot' - Aug 09, 2010
- More than 31,000 Brit couples tie the knot on 10/10/10 - Oct 11, 2010
- Morgan bans Madonna from his show - Mar 28, 2012
- Now, a jazz version of geese to wow music lovers - Jul 05, 2010
- Swiss man survives 300 days on remote Pacific island with knives, pig - Jul 15, 2009
- Brit man, 80, reunited with car three years after forgetting it in car park - Jan 21, 2011
- Dhaka stakes claim over submerged island in Bengal bay - Apr 11, 2010
Tags: appendix, beechwood park, boarding school, cancer battle, communications technology, daily mail, final resting place, hard time, hertfordshire county, information communications, isle of islay, london, mackenzie island, piers, st albans hertfordshire, tiny island, uninhabited island, wife pauline