Man becomes surrogate mother to eight ducklingsMay 26th, 2012 - 10:18 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 26 (IANS) A 50-year-old man in Britain has become a surrogate mother to eight ducklings after watching them hatch. The birds now think he is their mother and follow him everywhere.
They are kept in a pen during the day but do get to stretch their legs when they accompany Spanish guesthouse owner Ponce Risco on his daily walk to Longton Brickcroft Nature Reserve, Daily Mail reported Saturday.
Risco said: “They think I’m their mother I think, as long as they can see me they are fine but if I go out of sight they start making a noise and panic and huddle together.”
He added: “I didn’t ask for this, I was just trying to help.
“We were here with the eggs and they take an imprint of the first thing they see.”
- Hen sits on wrong nest, hatches ducklings - Apr 04, 2012
- Twin ducklings hatch from same egg - Oct 26, 2009
- Spanish gay couple's child dream comes true in India - Feb 16, 2011
- Endangered Himachal pheasant species breeds again - Jul 04, 2012
- British drought brings harsh time for wildlife - Mar 19, 2012
- Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband claims they are trying for baby via surrogate - Apr 15, 2011
- Surrogate mother miscarried Osama's twin grandchildren - Sep 13, 2010
- Chicks can be 'woken' up inside eggs - May 04, 2012
- First pictures of Keith Urban, Nicole Kidman's surrogate baby go public - Mar 08, 2011
- 'Healthy mammoth could be reborn in 4 or 5 years' - Jan 14, 2011
- 61-year-old US woman delivers her own grandson! - Feb 14, 2011
- Dinosaur-bird 'missing link' could be egg - Jul 13, 2012
- Brit surrogate mum for Osama Bin Laden's grandchild - Jun 11, 2010
- Christmas feast: Turkey takes centre stage at dinners in Goa - Dec 13, 2010
- Parents of octuplets in China face hefty fines - Dec 21, 2011