Man attempts Guinness record with 300 kg shoes onAugust 10th, 2012 - 12:11 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 9 (IANS) A Chinese man has tried to walk with a pair of iron shoes that weighed 300 kg in his attempt to break his previous Guinness record.
Wukong attempted the feat in Sichuan province Wednesday, the Global Times reported.
“I set the Guinness record by wearing a pair of iron shoes that weighed 200 kg last year. And this pair is 100 kg heavier,” he said.
Wukong began to walk, making loud bangs with every step. Two bystanders tried to carry the shoes after he took them off but failed.
He said that he prepared for the feat by running with sandbags fastened to his legs.
- A 7 kg baby is born in China! - Feb 19, 2012
- Olympics: North Korean weight-lifter breaks world record - Jul 31, 2012
- Vietnamese man to be freed soon from his 90-kilo tumor - Jan 05, 2012
- Ludhiana man pushes 35 quintals bus on Independence Day eve - Aug 15, 2009
- Table tennis playing robots debut in China - Oct 11, 2011
- US boy sets world record with perfect score on Dance Dance Revolution - Feb 01, 2011
- 200,000 people worldwide celebrate Guinness World Records Day - Nov 19, 2010
- Andy Wrobel creates World Record for the tallest stack of pancakes - Feb 21, 2012
- Australian chef creates world record for tallest pancake stack - Feb 27, 2012
- World's largest chocolate bar weighs six tonnes - Oct 13, 2011
- Chinese tightrope walker survives high wire fall - Jul 09, 2012
- World's 'most expensive' tea is flavored with panda poo - Jan 10, 2012
- Andhra students set largest barefoot walk record - Nov 12, 2010
- Olympics: India on a medal count - Jul 27, 2012
- Indians rewriting Everest story - May 19, 2012