Man abducted 30 years ago reunited with parentsDecember 13th, 2010 - 12:48 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Dec 13 (IANS) A 34-year-old Chinese man, who was abducted 30 years ago and sold at least three times during the period, has finally been reunited with his parents.Wu Jiubing from Chongqing was abducted in 1980 when he was just four years old.
His father, Wu Maosheng, worked as a carpenter in Hubei while his mother, Li Shiqun, raised Wu and his sister in their hometown in Chongqing’s Yunyang county.
The family’s life changed forever when Wang, a fellow villager, offered to take Li and the children to Wu in Hubei.
Wang took them to Xiangyang city in Hubei and told Li to leave the children with his friend in the hostel where the family were staying while he took her to see her husband.
His intention was to sell her to somebody in Zhongxiang city, police said.
As soon as Li found out what was going on, she escaped back to the hostel, but found that her son was missing. Her daughter, then six years old, was there.
Police were called but Wang would not tell them about the whereabouts of the boy. He disappeared soon after, making further investigation impossible.
Wu and his parents, now both in their 60s, met this weekend at a police station in Xiangyang, Shanghai Daily reported citing the provincial news portal cnhubei.com.
The parents burst into tears when they saw their missing boy again. They hugged hin, crying: “We owe you, son.”
The abduction case resurfaced in May as part of an investigation into child trafficking gangs in Hubei.
Police went to Wu’s hometown and managed to track down Wang, now 58 years old.
Wang told police he had sold the boy to a man, surnamed Tang, at a railway station. Police found that Tang later sold the boy to a woman, surnamed Liu, in Henan province.
Liu then gave the child to one of her relatives who sold him to a colleague. Then, finally, the colleague gave the boy to a relative, police found.
When police found him Dec 4, the man, now 75, told them he had adopted a boy years ago and named him Qin Dongsheng.
Alerted by police, Qin Dongsheng took a DNA test which confirmed he was the missing boy - Wu Jiubing.
- Dead woman married twice in China - Feb 22, 2012
- Chinese man gets death for arson that killed 11 - Aug 20, 2012
- Teacher buried pupil who choked to death - Apr 08, 2011
- Bo Xilai case: Police admit Neil Heywood murder 'cover-up' - Aug 10, 2012
- Kidney-transplant ring exposed in China - May 30, 2012
- Two get death penalty for selling 46 infants - Sep 28, 2010
- 14 Chinese kids rescued from human traffickers - Mar 11, 2012
- One held for China bomb hoax - Sep 02, 2012
- China mine safety official gets life for bribe - Nov 18, 2010
- Stepfather held in China for drowning kid - Feb 04, 2012
- Incest man killed by kin - Mar 20, 2012
- Chinese police recapture top human trafficker - Nov 11, 2011
- China to send first woman astronaut into space - Jun 15, 2012
- Following guilt pang, man surrenders for raping girl - Aug 08, 2011
- 'Detaining Chinese blogger for mocking officials unlawful' - Jun 29, 2012
Tags: abducted, abduction case, boy to a man, child trafficking, chinese man, chongqing, city police, colleague, fellow villager, gangs, henan province, hostel, hubei, least three times, liu, missing boy, police station, provincial news, railway station, xiangyang