Mamata’s humane gestureAugust 27th, 2012 - 11:22 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 27 (IANS) West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has made arrangements to pay the hospital dues of yesteryear’s actress Dipti Roy, who passed away Sunday.
A private hospital refused to release Roy’s body to her family unless they paid medical expenses of over Rs.11,000.
Roy was recently awarded the newly instituted Uttam Kumar award for her contribution to Bengali films.
- Mamata announces award in Uttam Kumar's name - Jul 24, 2011
- Baichung gets inaugural Banga-Samman award - Feb 10, 2012
- Soumitra, Mithun to be honoured by West Bengal government - Jul 18, 2012
- Mamata Banerjee's mother dies (Second Lead) - Dec 17, 2011
- Kolkata grieves for AMRI victims (Roundup) - Dec 13, 2011
- SRK, Sharmila to inaugurate 17th Kolkata film fest - Nov 06, 2011
- Mamata Banerjee's mother dies (Lead) - Dec 17, 2011
- Mamata spends time with kids on Children's Day - Nov 14, 2011
- Mamata's mother passes away, condolences pour in (Roundup) - Dec 17, 2011
- Intellectuals close to Trinamool congratulate Mamata - May 14, 2011