Malaysian lady supports husband’s ‘regular sex’ admissionJune 6th, 2010 - 2:31 pm ICT by IANS
Kuala Lumpur, June 6 (IANS) Admission by an award-winning teacher that he owes his day-long energy and success to “reading and regular sex every night” has raised hackles in conservative Malaysia.
But his wife supports him saying: “He was just being honest.”
Housewife Rosmawati Abdullah, 41, says those who criticize Alias Ismail, 42, are “stuck with the old school of thought”, The Star said Sunday.
“Through reading and having a cordial relationship, we managed to raise our children to be caring and disciplined. What’s wrong if my husband shares his formula with others?” she asks.
The couple’s eldest son Mohammad Sallehuddin, 24, too supports the father.
He said his father openly discussed matters with them that are considered taboo in other families.
“He teaches us to be humble while advising us not to indulge in illicit sexual relationships,” he said.
“To me, we have the best dad.”
Last Monday, Alias, a Bahasa Malaysia teacher at SMK Menerong, was the inaugural recipient of the state-initiated Tokoh Nilam award to honour an outstanding teacher.
He had then said his secret to remaining active was to read, have an intellectual discussion with his wife and have sex every night.
Alias, who insisted that he was “not a hypocrite” and was encouraging “only legitimate sex”, said he was disappointed by certain parties who were attempting to discredit him.
He did not name the critics.
Rosmawati told the newspaper that there was nothing wrong in talking openly about sex between married couples.
“He is being honest about sex because he is concerned that social ills among students are quite high. It’s important not to have illicit sex. People should scrap the mentality that sex education is taboo,” said Rosmawati.
A majority of people in multi-racial Malaysia are Malays practicing Islam.
- Malaysian woman supports hubby's 'regular sex' admission - Jun 06, 2010
- Reading, sex is the secret to Malaysian teacher's boundless energy - May 31, 2010
- Malaysian Indian objects to caste system section in school book - Dec 29, 2010
- Malaysian PM counsels calm on `Christian takeover' reports - May 09, 2011
- Parts of Malaysian school textbook hurtful to Indians' sentiments to be edited - Jan 28, 2011
- For ethnic Indians, Malaysia makes changes to textbook - Mar 25, 2011
- Bible translated in Malaysian language no affront to Muslims: Ulema - Mar 19, 2011
- Man kills friend to continue illicit relationship - Sep 10, 2012
- Largest outdoor reading event held in Malaysia - Jun 27, 2010
- MCD employee poisons relative, arrested - May 04, 2012
- Popularity not important for Gervais - Jun 25, 2012
- Chinese teenage helpline swamped with sex queries - Dec 05, 2010
- 137 Malay Indian students get awards for excellence - Apr 19, 2010
- India, China at par in Malaysian English proficiency survey - Apr 09, 2011
- Hugh Hefner "not surprised" with Tiger Woods' sexcapades - Dec 15, 2009
Tags: alias, bahasa malaysia, cordial relationship, eldest son, hackles, honour, housewife, husband shares, hypocrite, illicit sex, ismail, kuala lumpur, last monday, malays, married couples, mentality, mohammad, sex education, sexual relationships, social ills