Madge divorces Guy for ”unreasonable behaviour”November 22nd, 2008 - 12:02 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 22 (ANI): Madonna has been granted a divorce on the grounds of her husband Guy Ritchie’’s “unreasonable behaviour”.
According to court reports, Madonna said in a statement that the behaviour by the film director was continuing.
What began with a fairytale wedding at Skibo Castle in the Highlands came to an end yesterday in the “quickie” divorce at the principal registry of the family division in High Holburn, London.
The decree absolute will be issued in about six weeks” time.
The Queen of Pop said that they had not lived together for six months.
District Judge Philip Waller gave his go ahead for the divorce and signed a statement that said: “I certify that the petitioner has sufficiently proved the contents of the petition herein and is entitled to a decree of (divorce), the marriage having irretrievably broken down, the facts found proved being the respondent’’s unreasonable behaviour.”
According to the Mirror, Ritchie, thought to have a fortune of 30 million pounds, will not take a penny from his wife’’s 300 million pounds fortune.
However will keep his pub The Punch Bowl in Mayfair and their country estate.
They will also share custody of their sons Rocco, 8, and David Banda, 3, who was adopted in Malawi, while Madonna’’s daughter from an earlier relationship, 12-year-old Lourdes, will stay with her, according to reports. (ANI)
- Madonna, Guy Ritchie end marriage in 'quickie' divorce (Lead) - Nov 22, 2008
- Madonna, Guy Ritchie''s divorce settlement ''not reached'' - Oct 21, 2008
- Ramprakash granted 'quickie' divorce over wife Vandana's 'unreasonable behaviour' - Jul 14, 2010
- Guy Ritchie names son Rafael - Jun 04, 2012
- Madonna struggles being single mom - Mar 11, 2012
- Cheryl Cole and Ashley's 60-second divorce - Sep 04, 2010
- Madonna may have to pay in divorce settlement after all - Nov 24, 2008
- Guy Ritchie's girlfriend pregnant again? - Jul 19, 2012
- Guy to spend Christmas with Madonna, kids - Dec 13, 2010
- Madonna plans to move back to Britain - Oct 11, 2010
- Madonna, Ritchie granted divorce - Nov 21, 2008
- Madonna divorce to be sealed in London court - Nov 21, 2008
- Madge, Guy Ritchie still warring over child arrangements - Jan 23, 2009
- Ritchie comforts Madonna as adoption plan fails - Apr 09, 2009
- Madonna to pay Guy Ritchie 60 mn pounds in divorce deal - Oct 18, 2008
Tags: 30 million, david banda, district judge, fairytale wedding, film director, guy ritchie, holburn london, lourdes, madonna, mayfair, petitioner, principal registry of the family division, punch bowl, queen of pop, quickie divorce, respondent, rocco, s 300, six weeks, unreasonable behaviour