‘Loving moms’ of Shanghai women help out orphansMay 26th, 2012 - 4:53 pm ICT by IANS
Shanghai, May 26 (IANS) Ten Shanghai women have established an organisation called ‘Loving Mom’ that collects donations to send sick and poverty-stricken children from other provinces to the city for treatment. So far, they have helped out 86 kids.
“Loving Mom” was established by Lu Mengtao and nine other women. They have helped 86 abandoned kids and collected 4.6 million yuan (over $725,000) for 53 surgeries since 2008, the Shanghai Daily reported.
The group has an apartment in the city to accommodate sick children before and after hospitalisation.
Officials from the Shanghai Children’s Medical Centre said the group has sent many children for congenital heart disease surgery and neurosurgery.
- Chinese jailed for selling 70,000 pirated maps - Jan 11, 2012
- Overseas companies target China's ageing population - May 20, 2012
- Men as breast masseurs causes stir in Shanghai - May 20, 2011
- British doctors to treat Pakistan's cleft-lip children - Oct 21, 2011
- When police mistook teachers for cheats in China - Nov 22, 2011
- Italians to conduct heart surgeries for Dubai kids - Jan 13, 2012
- Five Chinese women held for forcing kids to beg - Aug 29, 2011
- Three more added to the list of corrupt referees - Dec 22, 2011
- Social media 'can help stressed-out, overworked mothers' - Mar 27, 2011
- Get a group discount on surgery in a Chinese hospital - Apr 21, 2011
- Haiti cholera toll rises to 2,591 - Dec 22, 2010
- Chinese man jailed for serial rapes - Sep 09, 2011
- Poverty-stricken woman sells infant to pay debt - Sep 04, 2012
- China sets up bank to freeze eggs of women cancer patients - Dec 26, 2010
- Licence plates costlier than cars in China - Feb 20, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,