LinkedIn reaches 100 million members worldwideMarch 23rd, 2011 - 5:55 pm ICT by ANI
London, March 23 (ANI): Professional social network LinkedIn has claimed that it has reached 100 million members worldwide.
According to the service’s own figures, the site, which aims to facilitate professional networking in the digital space, has been adding roughly one million new members every 12 days; the equivalent of one new member joining every second, reports the Telegraph.
In December 2010, the site had attracted five million plus members in the UK and 20 million in Europe.
LinkedIn launched in 2003 and started out in the living room of co-founder Reid Hoffman.
It took 494 days to sign up the first million members. More than half of its members are now located outside of the US.
Two weeks ago LinkedIn launched a personalised news service in a bid to attract more of its users to the site with greater frequency.
Analysts believe the site is trying to boost its traffic and user engagement rate and subsequently its advertising revenues, ahead of its expected IPO (Initial Public Offering on the US stock market).(ANI)
- LinkedIn files registration for proposed public stock offering - Jan 28, 2011
- LinkedIn sinks, Silicon Valley fears doom - Aug 09, 2011
- LinkedIn listed on the New York Stock Exchange - May 20, 2011
- LinkedIn probes theft of 6.5 mn passwords - Jun 06, 2012
- MediaGuru partners with the Guardian for tech summit - May 04, 2012
- Facebook to ask users phone details - Jun 15, 2012
- Now, an iPad app that can predict what you want! - Apr 21, 2011
- Facebook users quitting site - Jun 14, 2011
- Now, follow your Facebook friends automatically from Twitter - Jun 24, 2010
- Bing to integrate social networking with search results - May 11, 2012
- Now, a social network only for women - Dec 15, 2011
- How To Find Jobs Through Social Networking Sites - Oct 18, 2010
- 'India has world's youngest internet population' - Feb 24, 2012
- Want your kids to be CEOs? Then name them Peter and Deborah! - Apr 29, 2011
- Microsoft unveils new email service - Aug 01, 2012
Tags: 100 million, advertising revenues, co founder, digital space, europe, first million, hoffman, initial public offering, ipo initial public offering, linkedin, living room, london march, new member, news service, one million, personalised news, professional networking, telegraph, traffic, us stock market