Kids don’t want expensive pastime during holidaysAugust 17th, 2012 - 6:04 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 17 (IANS) British children are not keen on spending their holidays on expensive activities like riding roller-coasters or eating at fast-food stands. They are just happy climbing trees or playing hide and seek, says a study.
According to an index compiled by Sainsbury’s, the top three activities in terms of pleasure versus cost were playing in the garden or park, water fights or building a den, the Daily Mail reported.
Other simple pleasures such as having a water fight, playing in the park, feeding the ducks, berry picking and eating ice-cream also featured in the top 10.
More expensive activities like trips to the zoo or theme parks were much lower on the list.
Children aged five to 11 were asked to rank their favourite holiday activities based on how much fun it is, how happy it makes them feel and how special and memorable it is.
The results were then tallied with their costs.
- Rollercoaster malfunction leaves 25 hanging midair - Jan 25, 2011
- Yeh dil maange more, says boxer Vijender - Jul 24, 2012
- Big B loves Delhi winter (Movie Snippets) - Dec 16, 2011
- It's tough to make Raghavan happy: Saif - Mar 19, 2012
- North Korean capital has a night life - minus the dazzle - Sep 12, 2010
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom roller coaster left stranded - Jul 31, 2012
- Startled to see Sky projected so villainously: Pooja Bedi - Nov 27, 2011
- 78-year-old Pennsylvanian Male, Laden With Bounciness, Rides A Roller Coaster 90 Times In A Day - Aug 17, 2010
- It has been a roller-coaster ride, says Gagan Narang - Aug 08, 2012
- Parenting moving towards mutual growth, freedom - Apr 15, 2012
- Obama Family Had A Nice Day With Wildlife At Florida Waters - Aug 17, 2010
- Nicole Kidman 'feels love' for woman who carried her second child - Feb 21, 2011
- Sunil Agnihotri's new love saga - 'Laut Aayi Noorie' - Aug 01, 2011
- 'Delhi Belly' girl Poorna terms Deepika as most stylish - Dec 02, 2011
- Record breaking Harry Potter theme park Universal Orlando wows visitors - Oct 16, 2010