Key panel clears way for home buyers in Noida ExtensionJune 28th, 2012 - 11:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 28 (IANS) There is a positive news for thousands of home buyers in ‘Noida Extension’ after a key panel Thursday approved the Draft Master Plan for Greater Noida 2021.
The statutory committee approved the master plan, which, however, needs to be further considered by the National Capital Region Planning (NCRPB) Board.
The Allahabad High Court in October 2011 had ordered for mandatory approval from the NCRPB for the projects.
“The draft master plan was presented before the planning committee and it is in conformity with the Regional Master Planning Board 2021,” said an official.
In 2007, the Greater Noida Authority had acquired 3,000 hectares of land for industrial use. Later it carved 2,500 hectares out it for ‘Noida Extension’, a residential area.
This led to farmers from around 40 villages approaching the courts for better compensation for their land.
“The meeting was held Thursday attended by principal secretaries of Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi and member secretaries of NCRB,” the official said.
The Greater Noida Authority has also incorporated suggestions made by the board.
“There were certain conditions pointed by the NCRB, which have been incorporated in the draft plan like 16 per cent green areas of the total project area and 20 per cent flats for EWS (Economic Weaker Section),” said the official.
The board meeting will be attended by the chief ministers of Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and Delhi along with Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath.
- Master Plan clears way for home buyers in Noida Extension - Aug 24, 2012
- Satellite imagery to implement regional plan - Jul 11, 2012
- UP mulls Rapid Transit System from Delhi to Meerut - May 10, 2012
- Court cancels acquisition in 3 Noida villages, hikes compensation - Oct 21, 2011
- A night safari soon in Greater Noida - Aug 29, 2012
- Nod for rapid transit system in three NCR corridors - Nov 06, 2011
- Anti-builder rally by farmers in Greater Noida Saturday - Mar 23, 2012
- Noida land acquisition row: Apex court notice to UP, Noida (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Hooda government selling state to land mafia: INLD - Aug 30, 2012
- NOIDA authority nod to Botanical Garden-Kalindi Kunj link - Jul 10, 2012
- Encroachers clash with police in Noida (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- India sees reduction in wastlelands - Apr 25, 2012
- Mend land policy to push realty, infrastructure (Comment) - Aug 19, 2012
- Farmers from Mayawati's village move court - Jul 28, 2011
- Noida farmers march to support Anna - Aug 19, 2011
Tags: allahabad high court, board meeting, chief ministers, conformity, development minister, draft master plan, draft plan, greater noida authority, hectares, home buyers, kamal nath, ncrb, planning board, planning committee, positive news, rajasthan, residential area, secretaries, statutory committee, urban development