Kashmiri woman stranded in RajasthanMarch 30th, 2012 - 9:49 am ICT by IANS
Jaipur, March 30 IANS) A 45-year-old woman from Jammu and Kashmir has been left stranded in Rajasthan after her mentally challenged son went missing during a visit to the world-famous dargah of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti in Ajmer.
The woman, Naseema Khan, a resident of Pulwama district in south Kashmir, has been looking for her son, Saleem, for the past 20 days and is trying to survive by getting odd house-keeping jobs.
Naseema had initially come to Nagaur town, some 280 km from here, to attend to her ailing husband, Mahmood Khan. “He left home last year to look for work and had come to Nagaur. He suffered a paralytic stroke in February which rendered him completely bed-ridden,” Naseema told IANS.
When Naseema came to know about her husband’s condition, she rushed to Nagaur along with her 15-year-old son Saleem. “Saleem is mentally challenged. I had heard that offering prayers at the Ajmer Dargah could help him. Besides, I wanted to pray for my husband also. So I went to Ajmer March 21. While visiting the Dargah, I lost sight of my son. He went missing. I frantically tried to find him, but all my efforts were in vain,” said Naseema.
After spending a few days in Ajmer searching fruitlessly for her son, she returned to Nagaur as she had to attend to her husband. She took up house-keeping jobs in the locality where her husband lives as a tenant.
“Whenever I get time, I go to the nearby railway stations hoping to spot my son somewhere. I approached the police too, but that did not help. I don’t know what to do in this unfamiliar place. I am feeling completely helpless,” said Naseema.
- I visit Ajmer dargah for peace of mind: Deepika - Jul 24, 2012
- Precious gifts, special prayers for Zardaris at Ajmer shrine (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Bomb scare on train in Rajasthan - Sep 19, 2011
- Pakistani virologist Chisty released, apex court told - Mar 19, 2012
- Mother for mercy killing of two kids - Sep 05, 2012
- Zardari prays at Ajmer dargah, donates $1mn (Lead) - Apr 08, 2012
- Rituparna Sengupta Spotted In Ajmer - Jan 08, 2011
- Bansal offers chadar at Ajmer on PM's behalf - Apr 08, 2012
- Ahead of Zardari visit, Ajmer's khadims remember Benazir - Apr 08, 2012
- 'Bilawal is like Rahul Gandhi' - Apr 08, 2012
- Silver rings, bracelets for the Zardaris at Ajmer shrine - Apr 07, 2012
- Ajmer set to host first global Sufi fest - Sep 22, 2011
- 3,000 cops deployed at Ajmer shrine - Apr 07, 2012
- The journey to Ajmer Sharif - from Akbar to Zardari - Apr 05, 2012
- Six-month-old kidnapped in Ajmer, incident caught on CCTV - Jul 18, 2012
Tags: ajmer dargah, few days, house keeping jobs, jaipur, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, locality, march 21, moinuddin chishti, old woman, prayers, railway stations, saleem, south kashmir, stroke, unfamiliar place