Jharkhand launches waterproof rakhi envelopeAugust 2nd, 2008 - 3:01 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Aug 2 (IANS) Ever received a rakhi from your sister that had been completely damaged by rain and hoped someone would come up with a solution? Well, the Jharkhand postal department just did. The festival of Rakhi is round the corner and the monsoon is on. So the postal department of Jharkhand has launched waterproof envelopes. The new envelope was launched a few days ago.
“We have introduced waterproof envelopes so that the rakhis reach their destinations without getting destroyed due to rain,” said K.N. Tewary, postmaster at the head post office here.
To make them attractive, the envelopes come in seven different colours. Each costs Rs.5.
According to postal department officials, a firm based in the US have designed the envelopes.
So far the response to the envelopes has been tremendous in Jharkhand. “Every day we are selling 70 to 80 waterproof envelopes,” said another official of the postal department.
- Water proof Rakhi envelopes in Lucknow - Jul 14, 2012
- India post launches waterproof Rakhi envelopes - Jul 11, 2012
- Jharkhand's anti-Maoist push drives tuskers wild - Sep 16, 2011
- Monsoon hits Kerala, IMD says delay is ok (Second Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- D.K. Tewary is Jharkhand CM's principal secretary - Oct 08, 2010
- Monsoon to reach Jharkhand one week after schedule - Jun 10, 2011
- India Post special counters to deliver Rakhi mails - Aug 18, 2010
- Rakhi celebrated in Pakistan - Aug 12, 2011
- Good rainfall boosts Jharkhand foodgrain yield - Aug 10, 2011
- Himachal court offers relief to aspiring teachers - Jun 23, 2011
- Jharkhand to ban post cards with Koda pictures - Sep 28, 2011
- Bajrang Dal forces lovers to tie rakhi or get married - Feb 14, 2011
- Delhi celebrates Raksha Bandhan with gaiety - Aug 13, 2011
- Rains fail to dampen Rakhi festivities in Delhi - Aug 24, 2010
- Forget threads and beads - invest in gold, diamond rakhi (Feature) - Aug 12, 2011