Japanese weds Islamic style in BiharMarch 2nd, 2011 - 5:01 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, March 2 (IANS) This was a wedding with a difference! A Japanese woman married a Muslim man in a village in Bihar’s Gaya district in Islamic style.
A nikah was solemnised in the presence of villagers and sweets distributed in a simple function according to Islamic rituals.
Ricko, in her mid-20s, Tuesday married Noor Ain, a resident of Dharhara Kala village in Gaya, about 100 km from here.
The marriage was solemnised with the bride and groom reading the ritualistic selected verses of holy Quran and accepting each other as husband and wife during nikah.
Ricko, a nurse in a hospital in Tokyo in Japan, met Nur Ain in Kolkata three years ago and developed close relations with him. Last year, she proposed marriage to him.
“Nur Ain accepted her proposal with one condition that he will marry her at his native village as per Islamic rituals. She agreed to it,” Jamal Ahmad, a close relative of Nur Ain said.
Nur Ain, who works as a tourist guide in Kolkata, had visited Ricko’s native place in Japan twice in the last one-and-half years.
- Tying the knot after 20 years of 'living in' - Feb 27, 2012
- Codify Muslim personal law: Islamic scholars, activists - Feb 05, 2012
- Japanese couple weds Hindu style in Bodh Gaya - Sep 24, 2010
- Another Rajasthan woman wants annulment of child marriage - Jun 27, 2012
- Court marriages on the rise in Islamabad - Aug 08, 2011
- Now, fatwa issued against Shoaib Malik - Apr 06, 2010
- Rajasthan girl seeks annulment of her child marriage - Jun 18, 2012
- 126 couples in Bengal tie knot at mass wedding - Jul 01, 2012
- Pakistani held for forcing Hindu girl to marry him - Aug 07, 2012
- 250 marriages to be solemnised at Bhopal Muslim convention - Dec 25, 2010
- Rajasthan woman seeks annulment of her child marriage - Aug 04, 2012
- Rajasthan woman approaches court to annul child marriage - Jun 12, 2012
- Mullahs frown at Sania-Shoaib pre-marriage 'proximity' - Apr 09, 2010
- Sania, Shoaib are now husband and wife (Third Lead) - Apr 12, 2010
- Girl burnt to death for rejecting marriage proposal - Jul 24, 2011
Tags: ahmad, bihar, bride and groom, close relations, gaya district, half years, holy quran, husband and wife, islamic rituals, islamic style, japanese woman, mid 20s, muslim man, nikah, nurse, patna, proposal, sweets, tourist guide, wedding with a difference