Jan Lokpal is thrust of our movement: Anna (Lead)July 26th, 2012 - 6:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 26 (IANS) On the second day of renewed agitation against graft here, Anna Hazare said the thrust of his movement was Jan Lokpal bill and demand for independent enquiry against 15 cabinet ministers is very much a part of it.
“It (probe into alleged corruption of 15 cabinet ministers) is part of it (demand) and our main thrust is Jan Lokpal, and we will keep fighting for this, and Jan Lokpal is on our agenda,” Hazare told a TV news channel when asked whether Team Anna has shifted its focus from corruption to individuals.
Talking to a TV news channel, Hazare said: “As long as those tainted ministers are in the parliament, the bill (Jan Lokpal bill will not be passed.”
The Day Two of Team Anna’s indefinite fast against corruption got off to a slow start Thursday with thin crowds and leaders of the movement missing in the morning hours. However, more people had started trickling into the venue as the day went by.
Anna Hazare and Kiran Bedi came to the fast venue Jantar Mantar only at 11 a.m., much to the disappointment of the people who had come to express solidarity with the cause.
Arvind Kejriwal, who is leading the fast this time, also was missing as he was out of Delhi and had gone to Bulandshahr, in Uttar Pradesh, a Team Anna member said.
Kejriwal was expected to join back the fast later in the day.
Other leaders fasting along with him are Manish Sisodia and Gopal Rai.
“I came here around 8 a.m., but till 11 a.m. no one came, it was disappointing,” said, Ramesh Dayal Sharma, a resident of Delhi’s satellite town of Faridabad.
- Thin crowds on second day of Team Anna fast - Jul 26, 2012
- Hazare's fast enters fourth day - Aug 01, 2012
- Team Anna hardens stand, cops want them hospitalised (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Anna slams government, Kejriwal to carry on fast (Second Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Post Pune, police check Anna fast venue - Aug 02, 2012
- Fasting Team Anna members refuse to go to hospital (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Hazare begins fast, demands passage of Jan Lokpal bill (Evening Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Kejriwal, Rai to continue fast despite failing health (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Jan Lokpal bill regressive, Anna used as prop: Arundhati Roy - Aug 30, 2011
- No talks if fasting protesters forcefully removed: Anna Hazare (Second Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Lukewarm response to Team Anna fast on Day Four - Jul 28, 2012
- Hazare begins fast, demands passage of Jan Lokpal bill (Second Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Government trying to break Team Anna, says Hazare (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Team Anna has hidden agenda, says Narayanasamy - Jul 27, 2012
- Ailing Anna ends fast, vows to fight on (Intro Roundup) - Dec 28, 2011
Tags: agitation, alleged corruption, anna hazare, arvind kejriwal, cabinet ministers, crowds, dayal, disappointment, gopal rai, graft, independent enquiry, kiran bedi, mantar, New Delhi, parliament, satellite town, solidarity, tv news, uttar pradesh, venue