It’s official: way to a man’s heart is through his stomachJune 24th, 2009 - 4:52 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, June 24 (ANI): A new study has confirmed what many women already knew: men prefer food over sex.
The Australian study asked individuals to rank which everyday experiences give them the most pleasure.
The survey was conducted by Magnum ice-cream and it polled almost 10,000 people across the country.
Males rated taste sensations as their top pleasure trigger, with physical arousal coming in fourth, reports The Courier Mail.
The results were reached through a “pleasure quotient test’.
The test used a scale to determine the frequency and intensity to which individuals are stimulated by certain triggers.
The scale found men gained more pleasure from food, and life in general, more so than their female counterparts.
Private therapist and UniSA adjunct senior lecturer of psychology Dr David Haynes said: “Women are more into values as a whole and men are into bottom lines and logic - but why that would give one more pleasure from food or from life in general - I can’t imagine.
“From a Freudian perspective, it would be viewed as a man’s regression to childhood, and the boys are being babies, treated by their mothers/wives.” (ANI)
- Australia's green car completes world tour in $400 - Feb 28, 2011
- Gen Y doesn't make lazy workers - Jul 31, 2010
- People prefer to talk face-to-face rather than online - Oct 08, 2009
- Soon, cars will talk to each other to avert accidents - Feb 13, 2009
- 16pc of men don't enjoy sex: Study - Jan 19, 2011
- For men, aroma of pumpkin is a real turn-on! - Nov 25, 2010
- New book based on web porn study shows we are all deviants - Apr 27, 2011
- A few pegs can produce sense of euphoria - Jan 16, 2012
- Kids don't want expensive pastime during holidays - Aug 17, 2012
- Brit women spend more on themselves during Christmas - Dec 03, 2010
- British Muslim women don't mind being second wives - Mar 11, 2012
- Stressed out men prefer larger women, study shows - Aug 09, 2012
- Hormonal contraception drives joy out of sex for women - Oct 31, 2011
- Why anorexics don't like eating - May 22, 2011
- Super Bowl loss 'ups cardiac death rates' - Jan 31, 2011
Tags: adjunct, babies, bottom lines, courier mail, david haynes, dr david, everyday experiences, female counterparts, freudian perspective, intensity, june 24, magnum ice cream, melbourne, pleasure, private therapist, quotient, regression, senior lecturer, stomach, taste sensations