Iran’s Ayatollah Khomeini’s wife diesMarch 23rd, 2009 - 1:03 am ICT by IANS
Tehran, March 22 (IANS) The wife of late Imam Ayatollah Khomeini, the father of Iran’s Islamic Revolution, died here, IRNA reported Sunday.
Khadije Saghafi passed away in Tehran Saturday morning after a long period of illness.
Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei, leader of the Islamic Revolution, led a special prayer for her.
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was among the top officials and people from various walks of life who attended the ceremony in Tehran University Sunday morning.
- Khamenei orders institute to control cyberspace - Mar 08, 2012
- Iran's supreme leader backs Kashmir 'struggle' (Lead) - Nov 19, 2010
- Iran marks 33rd anniversary of Islamic Revolution - Feb 12, 2012
- Iran, North Korea call for expanded ties - Sep 01, 2012
- Khamenei supercedes Ahmadinejad over minister's resignation (Lead) - Apr 18, 2011
- Iran to 'powerfully' respond to a US attack - Nov 10, 2011
- Ahmadinejad warns opposition ahead of protests - Jun 04, 2010
- Iran hails Iraq's 'growing influence' - Apr 24, 2012
- Masters degree must for Iran's lawmakers - Apr 29, 2011
- Is Iran President Ahmadinejad about to resign over row with Khamenei? - Apr 30, 2011
- Iran's Ayatollah Khamenei praises unrest in Egypt, Tunisia - Feb 05, 2011
- Ahmadinejad grilled by Iran parliament - Mar 14, 2012
- Planned rally to support revolts draws Iranians anger - Feb 10, 2011
- Khamenei warns opposition against undermining establishment - Dec 13, 2009
- Iran's Ayatollah Montazeri dies (Lead) - Dec 20, 2009
Tags: ali khamenei, ayatollah khomeini, iran, islamic revolution, mahmoud ahmadinejad, president mahmoud ahmadinejad, saturday morning, special prayer, sunday morning, tehran university, walks of life