Influenza B: Get ready to battle itMarch 18th, 2009 - 10:19 pm ICT by GD
Influenza B has finally set in. According to a recent survey by the health department Influenza B has recorded the highest rates in the recent years. Before it invades your life get ready to battle it.
Influenza B is a contagious disease that infects the respiratory tract. It is caused by a virus that affects the nose, throat and lungs. However, it should not be mistaken for cold. The common symptoms are headache, fever, fatigue, sore throat, body aches, nausea and chills. Having a runny nose and sneezing are common in this. These symptoms generally disappear in 5 to 7 days. But the weakness and body aches remain for a few weeks even after the patient recovers from the disease. Influenza B virus are known to infect only seals and humans.
The most common way to catch this disease is when one breathes in the droplets from sneezes or coughs. Virus on the surface of handles or phones can be easily transferred to another person, who might breathe in the virus when he touches his nose or mouth with the infected hand. This makes it a highly contagious disease. Thus proper hygiene is very essential when a person is infected with Influenza.
A person infected with influenza B virus should take adequate rest and make sure that his intake of liquids is high. It is best that the infected person stays indoors, in order to avoid the spread of virus to others. Proper medication should be taken as diagnosed by a physician. One should also avoid the use of alcohol and tobacco. However, the best way to avoid Influenza B is to get yourself vaccinated.
- How to protect kids this flu season - Jan 16, 2011
- Curry 'could provide a cure for the common cold' - Jan 20, 2011
- Ineffective shots spur rise in whooping cough - Aug 02, 2012
- Swine flu virus could still mutate, warns WHO chief - Dec 30, 2009
- A sneeze can contaminate surroundings for hours - Feb 02, 2011
- One swine flu death, 40 new cases in Delhi - Aug 23, 2010
- Simple ways to protect your child from swine flu - Sep 20, 2009
- Key Facts about Swine Influenza (Swine Flu) - Apr 26, 2009
- How H1N1 is different from other viruses as a respiratory illness - Oct 23, 2010
- Now, a universal vaccine that kills all strains of flu virus - Feb 07, 2011
- 1 in 100 men may have an allergy to their own semen - Apr 02, 2011
- 2 more people die in Kansas of Swine Flu - Sep 25, 2009
- What you need to know about swine flu - Apr 28, 2009
- Up to 200 possibly infected with swine flu at Queens high school - Apr 26, 2009
- Two swine flu deaths, 37 new cases in Delhi - Aug 24, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,