India, Brazil discuss enhancing cooperation in Oil and Gas sectorOctober 15th, 2008 - 4:18 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 15 (ANI): Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas Murli Deora met Miguel Jorge, Minister of Development, Industry and Foreign Trade of Brazil here today.
During the meeting, the two Ministers discussed measures to strengthen further ties of cooperation between the two countries in the oil and gas sector.
They also exchanged views on the use of ethanol in transport sector.
ONGC Videsh Limited (OVL) has significant presence in Brazil, having invested in the year 2006 an offshore block (BC 10) in Campos Basin of Brazil and acquired exploration rights of two offshore blocks in Brazil in March thisyear
ONGC and Petrobras, the premier Oil and Gas Company of Brazil, are strengthening their partnership by swapping participating interests in three blocks in each others country. OVL and Petrobras are working jointly in an oil block in Colombia.
Bharat Petro Resources Ltd., a subsidiary of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, has acquired 10 offshore petroleum blocks in Brazil in September, in partnership with Videocon Industries Limited. (ANI)
- Latin America - Energising India (Comment) - Jun 21, 2012
- India, Brazil discuss cooperation in hydrocarbons sector - Oct 15, 2008
- ONGC Videsh inks deal with PetroVietnam - Oct 12, 2011
- India has not withdrawn from Vietnamese oil block: Minister - Aug 18, 2012
- Deora calls on Vietnamese Prime Minister - Jul 22, 2010
- India, Angola sign deal for hydrocarbon sector - Nov 02, 2010
- India's interests growing in African oil, gas assets - Sep 04, 2011
- ONGC-led consortium to invest $3 billion in Venezuela - Jul 11, 2012
- Murli Deora to lead high-level delegation to Vietnam - Jul 20, 2010
- India, Angola to speed up petroleum sector cooperation - Oct 31, 2010
- Petrobras finds oil signs during deepwater exploration - Oct 28, 2010
- ONGC Videsh targets 20 mn tonnes output by 2020 - Aug 18, 2011
- India, Kazakhstan to unveil roadmap for strategic ties - Apr 16, 2011
- India seeks higher crude oil supplies from Angola - Oct 31, 2010
- India, Angola to sign deal on hydrocarbon sector - Jan 27, 2010
Tags: bharat petro, bharat petroleum, bharat petroleum corporation, bharat petroleum corporation limited, exploration rights, gas sector, miguel jorge, murli deora, offshore blocks, offshore petroleum, oil and gas, oil and gas company, oil block, ovl, petro resources, petrobras, transport sector, union minister, use of ethanol, videocon industries