I worked hard, will celebrate whole year: CBSE India topperMay 22nd, 2009 - 6:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 22 (IANS) Sheer hard work turned 17-year-old Tanvi Aggarwal’s dream into reality - she is India’s topmost scorer in the CBSE Class 12 exams with a whopping 98.4 percent marks. “I can’t believe it!” she keeps saying.
“Tanvi has scored a perfect 100 in three subjects - economics, accountancy and mathematics. In business studies, she scored 99, while in English she got 93,” said a Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) official.
She has topped in the commerce stream. A student of Apeejay School in Faridabad on the outskirts of the capital, Tanvi said although she expected to do well, never did she imagine this.
“I was sure I was going to do well in my board exams since I had done well in my pre-boards, scoring 94 percent. But I obviously didn’t expect to be the India topper! It’s more than I can imagine,” Tanvi, who lives in Faridabad, told IANS.
Topping exams is however not new for her or her family.
“I had topped my school in the Class 10 board exams. During these exams I drew a lot of support from my elder sister, who was a school topper herself. Whenever I had any difficulty, she was always there,” she said.
Crediting her success to consistent hard work, Tanvi said: “I didn’t have a set pattern of studying but I knew that last moment studies don’t help. I started putting in all my effort from the very beginning of the year. Regular studies are a must, consistent hard work pays.”
“I had taken coaching in accounts, maths and economics everyday for an hour and above that I would religiously study for four to five hours,” she added.
Although a tad disappointed with her English score - never mind that it’s 93 - she now looks forward to taking admission in the premier Shri Ram College of Commerce in Delhi University.
“I probably got it from my father, but I was never interested in science and always had a bent towards commerce. My father is an alumni of the Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) and is the vice president of V5Global Services,” said Tanvi.
Mrittika Sen, a Class 12 student from Mumbai, is another topper with 98.4 percent marks, but she is from the science stream.
Commerce topper Tanvi has a word of advice for other students. “Time management is the key to success. It is imperative to manage your time well and plan everything out so that there is no confusion at the last moment,” she said.
For now the thrilled teenager is content in just celebrating with her family and of course, enjoying the endless interview calls from the media.
“I will celebrate the whole year,” she chirped.
- Sharjah student tops CBSE results in Delhi region - May 28, 2012
- Girl power rules CBSE class 12 board exams (Second Lead) - May 22, 2009
- Hard work, dedication has paid off: CBSE class 12 topper - May 21, 2010
- CBSE results: Girls outperform boys; Chennai region tops (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- Balance study and play, say Class 12 toppers - May 23, 2011
- Nothing impossible if one is determined: CBSE topper - May 29, 2012
- CBSE results: Toppers euphoric, credit parents and teachers - May 23, 2011
- CBSE toppers euphoric, credit parents and teachers - May 28, 2012
- CBSE results: Girls outshine boys, Chennai tops (Second lead) - May 23, 2011
- Board exams: Lengthy english question paper puzzles students (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Three students top CBSE Class 12 exams in Delhi (Lead, superseding earlier story) - May 21, 2010
- Nothing impossible for a determined man: CBSE topper (Second Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Nothing impossible if one is determined: CBSE topper (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Three Delhi students top CBSE Class 12 exams - May 21, 2010
- Ghaziabad girl tops CBSE Class 12 exams in NCR - May 21, 2010
Tags: accountancy, board exams, board of secondary education, business studies, central board of secondary education, college of commerce, delhi university, elder sister, english score, faculty of management studies, faridabad, fms, last moment, maths, outskirts, scorer, shri ram college, shri ram college of commerce, tanvi, topper