Hundreds walk for a healthy heart in GujaratSeptember 28th, 2008 - 12:49 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, Sep 28 (IANS) Hundreds of people participated in a walkathon here Sunday to mark the World Heart Day.The age of participants ranged from an 8-year-old to a 70-year-old.
The schoolchildren held placards reading “Keep your heart healthy” and “Prevention is better than cure”.
Shrenik Shah, cardiologist, said: “India will soon have 60 percent heart patients in the world by 2010. Currently, Gujarat tops the list of endemic states with a high number of cardiac patients while Rajasthan and Punjab are second and third respectively.”
Over 100 doctors, many from Sterling Hospitals’ cardiology team, also highlighted the ways and means of prevention and cure of diseases related to heart.
The walkathon was organised by Sterling Hospitals in association with organisations including Rotary club of Ahmedabad and Association of Physicians of Ahmedabad and Ahmedabad Medical Association.
The hospital has set up health assessment centres at various residential colonies in Ahmedabad to conduct basic heath check-ups for its residents, and some fun-filled cardiac health promotions for corporates.
Continuing Medical Education for doctors on cardiac health were also organised.
Sterling has designed a special ‘Cardiac Screening Package’ at Rs.1,100 and ‘Walk-in Walk-out Angiography’ at Rs.6,500 which would help to identify people suffering from cardiac disease. These packages are available till Sep 30.
- Heart risks increase but people ignorant (World Heart Day is Sep 26) - Sep 25, 2010
- New angiography technique a boon for many - Feb 03, 2012
- Cardiac rehab 'can improve heart patients' quality of life' - Feb 15, 2011
- Pakistan dengue cases reach almost 9,800 (Lead) - Sep 25, 2011
- High and low dose aspirin can protect heart - Mar 27, 2012
- Women more prone to heart problems than men: Doctors - Sep 28, 2011
- Mumbai marks World Diabetes Day - Nov 13, 2011
- Bangaloreans to run for healthy heart - Sep 25, 2009
- Dialysis patients at high risk of cardiac death - Nov 15, 2010
- Smoking hasten cardiac problems, cancer in youngsters (May 31 is World No Tobacco Day) - May 30, 2012
- Therapy to prevent heart failure more beneficial for women than men - Feb 08, 2011
- Zardari left though army doctors said he was fine: report - Dec 07, 2011
- Fixing hearts without open-heart surgery - Feb 04, 2011
- Polio funds get a boost in India: Rotary International - Feb 10, 2012
- Heart patients watch out, winter can be deadly - Dec 19, 2010
Tags: assessment centres, cardiac health, cardiac screening, continuing medical education, health promotions, heart patients, prevention and cure, prevention is better than cure, walkathon, world heart