House where JFK had affair with Monroe now on saleApril 29th, 2012 - 11:07 am ICT by IANS
Washington, April 29 (IANS) A hill-top house in California once owned by Frank Sinatra, where US president John F. Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe allegedly “conducted their illicit affair” is now on sale for a whopping $12 million, the Daily Mail reported on its website.
The house — 9361 Farralone Avenue, in Chatsworth — in the outskirts of Los Angleles, was once sub-let by Monroe and Kennedy’s mutual friend Sinatra in the 1960s.
Monroe was a regular guest at the minimalist steel and glass home, there are rumours that Kennedy was also a frequent visitor there, “to conduct his extra-marital trysts”, the report said.
Monroe reportedly stayed in a 1,000 square-foot, one bedroom guesthouse on the 13.5 acre property and she would “entertain the former president” after their affair supposedly began in 1961.
The house has been the scene of “many a Hollywood glamour night”. Finished in 1951, the home played host to glamourous parties featuring actors and actresses from Hollywood’s golden era, like Lucille Ball and Ava Gardner.
Sinatra leased the home for a decade in the late 1950s and hosted his own bashes.
The singer left the home in the late 1960s and it remained empty until its current owners restored it to its original condition.
In recent years a list of celebrities have used the home, such as Usher in his music video “Burn” to TV series “Mad Men” and Oscar winning “Dream Girls”.
The home was designed by renowned architects Pereira and Luckman. The main house comprises of a 6,661 square foot residence. The $12 million dollar home has parking space for 200 cars.
Described as one of the most dazzling and beautiful homes in California, the 9361 Farralone Avenue is a part of the rumoured affair between Kennedy and Monroe.
Having met twice in the 1950s, Kennedy and Monroe’s 1960s affair has never been officially confirmed by anyone close to the two.
Wearing a sequined sheer dress, Monrow sang “Happy Birthday” to Kennedy at the Madison Square Gardens in May 1962 that set rumours into overdrive. It is thought that the two were already engaged in a sexual affair at the time.
The iconic dress that she wore was sold for $1.26 million at an auction in New York in 1999.
- Frank Sinatra's New York penthouse up for sale - Aug 03, 2012
- When JFK snubbed Frank Sinatra for Marilyn Monroe - Oct 05, 2010
- Monroe spent her last night with mafia boss at Sinatra's lodge - Apr 29, 2011
- New tapes could reveal mystery behind Marilyn Monroe's death - Apr 27, 2011
- Ted Kennedy's FBI File Released: JFK, Marilyn, and Teddy Sex Parties? - Jun 15, 2010
- Marylin Monroe-JFK picture to go under the hammer - Nov 12, 2010
- Ted Kennedy had sex parties with brothers, Marilyn Monroe: FBI - Jun 15, 2010
- 'Dolce Vita' diva Ekberg appeals for help - Dec 23, 2011
- Jolie to star in Marilyn Monroe film - Aug 16, 2010
- Only image of Marilyn Monroe with JFK on sale - Jun 02, 2010
- Monroe voted greatest blonde of all time - Aug 25, 2010
- Jolie, Clooney not part of Marilyn Monroe biopic - Aug 18, 2010
- Four generations a facet of contemporary Indian art: Gulammohammed Sheikh (Interview) - Oct 18, 2011
- Unseen Marilyn Monroe pics revealing her playful side unveiled - Aug 17, 2010
- No one will shoot me: JFK told secret service agents - Sep 20, 2011
Tags: acre property, actors and actresses, ava gardner, bashes, bedroom guesthouse, daily mail, dream girls, frank sinatra, frequent visitor, hollywood glamour, illicit affair, lucille ball, mad men, monrow, president john f kennedy, renowned architects, sheer dress, square foot residence, steel and glass, trysts