Himachal to rehabilitate sex workersAugust 8th, 2011 - 10:09 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Aug 8 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh will rehabilitate sex workers by generating self-employment opportunities for them, an official said here Monday.
“The cabinet Monday decided to launch a scheme of providing alternate self-employment opportunities to sex workers,” a government spokesperson told IANS.
He said the scheme aims at providing them vocational training to make them self dependent and rehabilitate through skill development initiative scheme.
An official in the Himachal AIDS Control Society said the state has more than 10,000 active sex workers.
- Dikshit announces job scheme for poor - Jul 31, 2012
- Rajasthan's targets 400,000 new jobs this year - Aug 13, 2012
- Supreme Court directs Centre, States to rehabilitate prostitutes - Feb 14, 2011
- New schemes in the offing for livelihood security (Factfile) - Mar 12, 2012
- Poverty, not pleasure, forces women into prostitution: Court - Feb 14, 2011
- Self-employment scheme to become livelihood mission - Jun 25, 2010
- Text of PM'S Independence Day Speech - Aug 15, 2011
- Omar gives nod to loans schemes for youth entrepreneurs - Feb 01, 2012
- National livelihood mission to rural raise workers's skills - Jun 03, 2011
- Premier engineering institutes to train school dropouts, youth - May 15, 2010
- West Bengal announces rehab package for surrendering Maoists - Jun 18, 2010
- Zero-deficit Kashmir budget promises jobs - Mar 07, 2011
- Poor youth to be trained for jobs - Feb 11, 2011
- Apex court wants scheme to rehabilitate sex workers (Lead) - Aug 24, 2011
- Lack of syringes hits Himachal's HIV tests - Oct 13, 2011