Himachal launches drive against female foeticideFebruary 6th, 2011 - 9:46 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Feb 6 (IANS) The Himachal Pradesh government Sunday launched a statewide campaign to sensitise the people in rural areas about the social evil of female foeticide, officials said.A statewide folk media campaign on ‘Beti Hai Anmol’, organised by the state National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) in collaboration with the information and public relations department, started in 44 development blocks, state NRHM director Rakesh Kanwar told IANS.
He said 300 artistes would sensitise people through street plays, folk plays and folk songs in Kangra, Una, Solan, Sirmaur, Shimla, Bilaspur, Hamirpur and Mandi districts.
Himachal Pradesh recorded 922 females per 1,000 males in 2009.
- Heavy rains predicted in Himachal - Jul 08, 2012
- Nabard sanctions Rs.70 crore loan to Himachal - Jul 24, 2012
- Himachal seeks to rein in monkeys - Sep 21, 2011
- Himachal to have 12 more silk producing units - May 10, 2012
- Rains bring down temperatures in Himachal - Jul 05, 2012
- Himachal gets 34 percent more rain in June - Jul 01, 2010
- Shutdown hits commercial life in Himachal (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- To catch monkeys, Himachal dangles Rs.500 bait - Nov 03, 2011
- Candlelight marches in Himachal to support Anna - Aug 28, 2011
- Five rescued from swollen Himachal river - Jul 15, 2011
- To pull tourists, Himachal books its legends (IANS Books)(With Image) - Aug 24, 2011
- Shimla shops shut to support Anna - Aug 24, 2011
- Shutdown hits Himachal, chief minister walks to office (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Himachal Annas end fast - Aug 28, 2011
- Ire in Himachal over Virbhadra Singh's remarks - Aug 25, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,