Hillary Clinton wishes ‘Shubho Nobo Borsho’ to BengalisApril 13th, 2012 - 11:10 am ICT by IANS
Washington, April 13 (IANS) US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has wished “Shubho Nobo Borsho!” to Bengali communities around the world on “Poila Boishakh”, the Bengali New Year.
“Americans have been influenced by the strong traditions of Bengal, spread through a dynamic diaspora community, that have shaped our culture for years,” she said in a New Year message on behalf of President Barack Obama and the American people.
Clinton’s message read: “On behalf of President Obama and the people of the United States, I am delighted to send best wishes to Bengali communities worldwide as you celebrate the Bengali New Year.
“This is a time for Bengalis to honour their rich cultural traditions, from song and dance, food and film to internationally renowned literature and poetry.
“Americans have been influenced by the strong traditions of Bengal, spread through a dynamic diaspora community, that have shaped our culture for years.
“Bengalis of all faiths and nationalities are coming together to bridge national and religious divisions in honour of a shared history and promising future.
As you celebrate this New Year, know that the United States is a partner and friend. Best wishes for a year of peace, prosperity, health and happiness. Shubho Nobo Borsho!”
- Clinton wishes 'Shubho Nobo Borsho' to Bengalis - Apr 12, 2011
- Hillary Clinton says 'Shubho Nobo Borsho' to Bengalis - Apr 13, 2010
- Hillary Clinton sends Bangla New Year message - Apr 11, 2009
- Bengalis celebrate 'Poila Baishak' - Apr 14, 2012
- Hillary Clinton says 'Shubho Nobo Borsho' (Lead) - Apr 11, 2009
- Hillary Clinton greets Bangladeshis on New Year - Apr 12, 2009
- Politicos piggyback on Bengali new year bonhomie - Apr 14, 2011
- Binayak Sen's family overjoyed at Supreme Court verdict - Apr 15, 2011
- India's story a powerful example of peaceful change: Clinton - Aug 12, 2011
- US stands with India as partner and friend: Clinton - Aug 13, 2012
- Bengalis celebrate 'Poila Baisakh' with prayers and sweets - Apr 15, 2011
- Bengalis in West Bengal celebrate traditional New Year - Apr 15, 2009
- Shared beliefs make US-India ties a defining partnership: Obama - Jan 26, 2011
- Secretary Clinton congratulates Portugal on their National Day - Jun 10, 2010
- Supreme Court grants bail to Binayak Sen, family overjoyed - Apr 15, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,