Heres how you can get a good nights sleepJanuary 2nd, 2008 - 4:27 pm ICT by admin
Washington, Jan 2 (ANI): Having problems getting a good nights sleep? Worry not, for the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) has offered tips on how to get that perfect and peaceful sleep.
AASM has suggested that a person having problems getting sleep should follow a consistent bedtime routine.
Another tip, according to them, is establishing a relaxing setting at bedtime.
Getting a full nights sleep every night will also help ensure that you get proper sleep, the academy said.
Foods or drinks that contain caffeine, as well as any medicine that has a stimulant, should be avoided prior to bedtime.
You should not go hungry to bed, but dont eat a big meal before bedtime either, according to AASM.
Any rigorous exercise within six hours of your bedtime should be avoided and bedroom should be made quiet, dark and a little bit cool.
Getting up at the same time every morning will also help you get sleep, says the academy.
The suggestions are published in the recent issue of journal Sleep. (ANI)
- Regular bedtime linked to better language, math skills - Jun 07, 2010
- Small changes can make big difference to sleep, say experts - Jun 23, 2010
- Using cellphones, tablets before bedtime affects sleep - Aug 30, 2012
- Cognitive behavioural therapy may help insomniacs with depression - Jan 31, 2010
- Caffeine negatively affects kids: Study - Dec 16, 2010
- Receptiveness more important than routine for infant sleep - Aug 11, 2010
- Night-shift workers should avoid coffee - Nov 05, 2009
- Texting before going to bed 'affects sleep, mood' - Nov 08, 2010
- Caffeine use may help overcome dry eye syndrome - Apr 19, 2012
- The latest drink and drive warning- but this time it's for coffee - Jan 07, 2011
- Keep kids away from energy drinks - May 30, 2011
- British couples' irritating bedtime habits revealed - Mar 27, 2010
- Blame your genes for your addiction to coffee - Apr 09, 2011
- Summer best time to shed weight - Apr 04, 2012
- Afternoon nap boosts energy levels in elderly, say experts - Oct 27, 2010