Heavy showers disrupt Konkan rail traffic (Lead)June 17th, 2011 - 7:08 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, June 17 (IANS) Thousands of inter-state railway passengers were affected Friday as train services linking Maharashtra to Goa, Karnataka, and Kerala were cancelled and diverted owing to incessant rain in the Konkan belt, an official said.
According to a Konkan Railway statement, 11 trains were directly affected by the collapse of a retaining wall in the Ratnagiri (Maharashtra) sector, 150 km from here.
Four trains have been cancelled, two have been terminated mid-way and five have been diverted, railway officials said.
The diverted trains include the Kochuveli-Lokmanya Tilak Terminus Mumbai (Garib Rath), Thiruvananthapuram-Nizamuddin Rajdhani Express, Kochuveli-Dehradun Mail and Ernakulam-Pune, all travelling via Margao-Londa-Miraj.
The Nizamuddin-Ernakulam Mangala Express has also been diverted via Kalyan and Pune.
The cancelled trains include the Madgaon-Sawantwadi-Diva passenger, Mangalore-Lokmanya Tilak Terminus passenger, Sawantwadi-Madgaon passenger and Sawantwadi-Dadar passenger which were scheduled for Friday.
The Diva-Sawantwadi-Madgaon was terminated at Ratnagiri while the Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus-Madgaon was terminated at Diva.
Officials have made arrangements for bus at the Ratnagiri station for travellers stranded there.
Passengers can contact the emergency number 10722 for latest information and position or status of trains, the statement added.
- Konkan Railway cancels services again due to rains - Jul 26, 2010
- Landslide blocks movement of Konkan Railway trains on west coast - Jul 27, 2010
- Landslides disrupt Konkan Railway traffic - Jul 18, 2011
- Heavy rains hit trains in coastal Maharashtra - Jul 25, 2010
- Heavy rains disrupt life, rail links in coastal Maharashtra - Jul 24, 2010
- Konkan train services restored - Jun 19, 2011
- Konkan Railway to run special train on Ganesh Chaturthi - Aug 29, 2010
- Konkan Railway route to normalise Thursday - Jul 19, 2011
- Heavy showers disrupt traffic on Konkan rail route (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- Rains hit Konkan Railway services - Jul 17, 2011
- Three trains cancelled, 18 diverted after West Bengal mishap - May 28, 2010
- 14 RPF officials booked for corruption - Oct 01, 2010
- Heavy showers disrupt traffic on Konkan rail route - Jun 17, 2011
- Mamata Banerjee's largesse for Maharashtra - Feb 25, 2011
- Landslide disrupts Konkan Railway traffic again - Jul 22, 2011
Tags: dehradun, emergency number, incessant rain, inter state, kalyan, konkan railway, londa, madgaon, mail, mangala, mid way, nizamuddin, rail traffic, railway officials, railway passengers, rajdhani express, ratnagiri, retaining wall, state railway, train services