Heart patient Sean Connery refuses to give up red wineOctober 11th, 2009 - 1:25 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 11 (ANI): Veteran actor Sean Connery has refused to give up his favourite red wine even after been diagnosed with a heart condition.
The former James Bond star has been warned to stop drinking alcohol by medics but he refuses to give up, as he believes it is good for his health.
“I do drink red wine because of my friend David Murray, who owns two French wine estates. He showed me the evidence that it was good for the health,” the Daily Express quoted him as telling Wine Spectator magazine.
“I favour Merlots from Chile for their value and I keep a good deal of California wine in my cellar. I have one that cost me USD 2,000 for two cases, which I think is rather steep,” he added.
Meanwhile, the actor is likely to return as Professor Henry Jones in the fifth ‘Indiana Jones’ movie.
The Oscar winner had turned down the chance to reprise his role as the father of the daredevil archaeologist, played by Harrison Ford, in last movie ‘Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull’, which hinted that his character had passed away.
However, according to the sources, the movie execs are planning to bring Henry back. (ANI)
- Sean Connery to return as Henry Jones in 'Indiana Jones' movie - Sep 19, 2009
- Ford to reprise role in 'Indiana Jones 5' - Nov 11, 2010
- Connery won't give up wine despite doctor's advice - Oct 10, 2009
- Ford wants Connery in 'Indiana Jones 5' - Sep 15, 2010
- Harrison Ford eager to rope in Sean Connery for Indiana Jones 5 - Sep 15, 2010
- Harrison Ford to act in fifth 'Indiana Jones' movie? - Sep 15, 2009
- Harrison Ford to reprise last Indiana Jones role at 70 - Aug 23, 2010
- Harrison Ford 'would love' to do another Indiana Jones flick - Nov 09, 2010
- Harrison Ford set for 'Indiana Jones 5' - Sep 15, 2009
- Indiana Jones 'to tackle Bermuda Triangle in fifth film' - Jun 10, 2010
- Harrison Ford Refuses To Appear On Piers Morgan's CNN Show - Jan 14, 2011
- If I'm alive, I'll do 'Indiana Jones 5': Ford - Feb 01, 2010
- Fifth Indiana Jones movie in the offing - Jun 18, 2009
- No plans to retire: Harrison Ford - Jan 02, 2011
- Who Inspired Dwayne Johnson To Become An Actor? - Nov 29, 2010
Tags: actor sean connery, california wine, crystal skull, daily express, david murray, drinking alcohol, french wine, friend david, harrison ford, heart condition, heart patient, henry jones, james bond star, merlots, professor henry, red wine, veteran actor, wine estates, wine spectator, wine spectator magazine