Healthcare sector will expand, create more jobs: RamadossDecember 16th, 2008 - 10:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 16 (IANS) Health Minister Anbumani Ramadoss Tuesday said the country’s healthcare sector would expand further and create more job opportunities as “it is the only sector not being affected by the global meltdown”.”Healthcare is the only sector not being affected by the global meltdown and it is going to expand and create more jobs and resources in India,” Ramadoss said while addressing a heath summit here.
Emphasising the need for increasing the public-private partnership (PPP) in the health sector, Ramadoss said: “Unfortunately the government has limited funds, hence, the private sector, as part of their corporate social responsibility, should take the initiative to provide better healthcare services in the country.”
Ramadoss said human resources were the biggest challenge before the healthcare sector as “we need large number of doctors, paramedics and nurses and experts in super speciality areas”.
“The government, under various schemes, is trying to meet the demands but without private sector help it is difficult to achieve the goal of providing best health services in the country,” the minister added.
- Indian healthcare industry poised for rapid growth - Aug 05, 2011
- 'India faces 50 percent nursing shortage' - Mar 29, 2012
- India, US to share healthcare models with Ethiopia - Feb 23, 2012
- Healthcare spending to go up in 12th Plan: Montek - Dec 01, 2011
- Public-private partnership needed in healthcare: Azad - Dec 16, 2010
- Government's major thrust on livelihood security, health: President - Mar 12, 2012
- Healthcare needs to reach the poor: Planning Commission - Mar 05, 2011
- Quality, affordable healthcare for all necessary: Patil - Jan 25, 2012
- GE chief Immelt lauds Indian entrepreneurship - Sep 26, 2011
- Government mulls course on rural healthcare - Apr 24, 2012
- Indian nurses appreciated globally: President Patil - May 13, 2011
- Kerala expecting huge overseas investment: Chandy - Apr 20, 2012
- Super specialty hospital coming up in Assam - Jun 11, 2012
- Infotech can improve healthcare in India: Nasscom - Jan 30, 2012
- IT/ITes is no hot sector for job seekers post meltdown - Sep 15, 2010