Have kids outside marriage, pay hefty finesSeptember 3rd, 2010 - 4:53 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Sep 3 (IANS) Married people in a Chinese city who have children outside their marriage will now face heavy fines up to 250,000 yuan ($36,725).
The Family Planning Commission in Chongqing city has passed a new regulation that says married people who produce offspring outside their marriage will face fines, China Daily reported Friday citing the Chongqing Economic Times.
An unmarried couple having a baby would be fined 6,000 yuan ($882).
- Chinese county commission warns of big fine for having babies outside marriage - Sep 08, 2010
- Fugitive Chinese who killed nine shot dead (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- China hunts for serial killer - Aug 13, 2012
- Chinese couples opting for faked wedding albums - Apr 05, 2012
- China jails soccer officials for corruption - Feb 18, 2012
- WWII bombing victims in China sue Japan - Sep 10, 2012
- Many Britons don't mind having kids without marrying - Sep 20, 2012
- Chinese cabbies to be fined for refusals - Jan 19, 2012
- Chinese top cop faces trial for bribe, abusing power (Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
- Beijing to get three children's hospitals - Apr 07, 2012
- Careless garbage dumping could soon cost Beijing residents dearly - Nov 20, 2010
- Chinese soldiers get up to 40 percent pay hike - Mar 03, 2011
- Chinese couple jailed for selling their kids - Oct 27, 2011
- Thunderstorms impact 275,000 in Chinese city - Jul 26, 2011
- Hard times for Chinese returning from abroad - Aug 07, 2012