Have aliens taken over Voyager 2 spacecraft?May 13th, 2010 - 1:10 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, May 13 (ANI): After leaving Earth’s surface 33 years ago, the Voyager 2 spacecraft may have been hijacked by aliens, it has been claimed.
Scientists had installed a 12-inch disk containing music and greetings in 55 languages in case intelligent extraterrestrial life ever found it, but the spacecraft is sending signals in an unknown format.
“It seems almost as if someone had reprogrammed or hijacked the probe - thus perhaps we do not yet know the whole truth,” The Daily Telegraph quoted alien expert Hartwig Hausdorf as saying.
The spacecraft late last month began sending science data 8.6 billion miles to Earth in a changed format that mission managers could not decode.
Engineers are working to solve the data transmissions and have since instructed Voyager 2 to only transmit data on its own health and status while they work on the problem.
Launched in 1977, Voyager 2 and its twin, Voyager 1, explored the giant planets Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune and kept on going. Nearly 33 years later, they are the most distant human-made objects.
Voyager 1 is 10.5 billion miles from Earth and in about five years is expected to pass through the heliosphere, a bubble the sun creates around the solar system, and enter interstellar space.
Voyager 2 will follow after that. (ANI)
- Voyager 1 is very near the edge to the solar system - Dec 14, 2010
- NASA's Voyager spacecraft to soon enter interstellar space - Apr 29, 2011
- Voyager 1 edges closer to solar system - Dec 15, 2010
- Hubble discovers new, all-water planet - Feb 22, 2012
- NASA's Voyager 1 spacecraft nearing edge of Solar System - Dec 14, 2010
- Red, green and blue colours are best to find Earth-like planets - Feb 24, 2011
- NASA launches Jupiter probe - Aug 05, 2011
- Voyager 1 Moving Into Interstellar Space Gradually - Dec 14, 2010
- Giant comet 'smacked Neptune 200 years ago' - Jul 24, 2010
- Asteroids hit earth more frequently than thought - Apr 26, 2012
- Aliens exist but are yet to visit earth - Aug 31, 2010
- NASA launches 2.7 bn-km voyage to Jupiter - Aug 06, 2011
- New transient radiation belt discovered at Saturn - Sep 14, 2009
- NASA craft prepares for Valentine's Day date with comet - Jan 20, 2011
- Faint planet hidden in star's glare revealed - Oct 16, 2010
Tags: 33 years, daily telegraph, data transmissions, giant planets jupiter, heliosphere, intelligent extraterrestrial life, interstellar space, leaving earth, mission managers, own health, saturn uranus, science data, sending signals, solar system, space voyager, unknown format, uranus and neptune, voyager 1, voyager 2 spacecraft, whole truth