Gwalior couple can now contend for Guinness Book with 22 kids!August 6th, 2008 - 7:38 pm ICT by ANI
By Ashok Pal
Lakhanpur Village (Gwalior), Aug.6 (ANI): A village couple in Madhya Pradesh is well on its way to etching their names in the record-books for being the biological parents of 22 off spring.
Whereas the Government of India harps on the two children per couple for a happy family, this family in Lakhanpur village near Gwalior seems to be ignorant of this dictum, and takes pride in their 22 children.
As for the village, conventionally in this Chambal and Bundelkhand region, the person having the biggest family is regarded as the head of the village. As Lakhan’’s record is for al practical purposes unbeatable, the hamlet has been named after him.
“I have to feed all my children by working very hard in the fields and by milking the cows. I teach them myself because I cannot afford to admit them to school. I am seeking the Government’’s help,” said Lakhan Singh.
Lakhans wife Dakkho Bai is also quite happy at having produced 22 kids.
“We have 22 children and we feed them with milk and chapattis. Our youngest child is just two years old,” said Dakkho Bai.
Lakhan Singh tends to forget the names of his children.
The government is helping him to educate his children. (ANI)
- Rajasthani mother breastfeeds an orphaned calf - Aug 28, 2010
- FIR against 'Paan Singh Tomar' director - Feb 28, 2012
- Foundation laid by Rajiv Gandhi: A bridge on paper - Jul 15, 2012
- Woman held for helping brother commit suicide - Jul 18, 2012
- Woman who sold child found - still starving - Jul 19, 2012
- Rights panel seeks report on fund misuse in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 13, 2011
- Verma confident of being re-elected as BAI president - Jun 11, 2010
- Age no bar in India when it comes to marriage! - May 16, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi holds MP government responsible for Bundelkhand plight - Jan 19, 2010
- Soon, a mother's milk bank for NSW mums who can't breastfeed - Nov 29, 2010
- 'Valmiki Ki Bandook' upsets Valmiki Samaj - Mar 05, 2012
- Trinidad PM left 'lifetime' of memories for ancestral village - Jan 12, 2012
- Sarah Palin mocks Michelle Obama's breastfeeding initiative - Feb 18, 2011
- Milk prices set to increase in north India: Pawar (Lead) - Jan 20, 2010
- Madhya Pradesh CM says no forced sterilizations - Feb 18, 2012