Guy Ritchie flies to the Big Apple to meet MadgeJuly 1st, 2008 - 5:51 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 1 (ANI): English director Guy Ritchie arrived in New York on June 30 to have a talk with Madonna, reportedly to solve their marital woes.
Ritchie, 39, was spotted as having flown in from Heathrow with his wedding ring missing, and looking very composed and serious as he dodged photographers’ questions if divorce rumours were true.
As soon as the film director arrived he headed straight to Madonnas Manhattan apartment, where the singer was waiting with their kids Lourdes, 11 Rocco, 7, and David, 2.
Madge, whose ring was also missing, had been spotted looking gaunt and visiting a top skin doctor.
The 49-year-old singer met dermatologist Roy Geronemus on a two-hour visit to a clinic, which specialised in anti-ageing, though it is not known if she had any treatment.
She was later spotted pouring out her heart to long-time manager Guy Oseary at a hotel.
She seemed serious. It looked like speculation about her marriage is taking its toll, the Sun quoted an onlooker as saying.
Looks like part of the trouble stems from Madonna, who is rehearsing for a US tour, wanting to move to New York, with Ritchie preferring to stay in Britain.
And while Madge attended Sabbath service at the Kabbalah Centre in NYC on Friday and Saturday, along with her three children and daughter Lourdes’ biological dad Carlos Leon, Richie turned to pal Trudie Styler for support in London.
The Times of London reported that she had last week met with high-powered British divorce attorney Fiona Shackleton, who represented Paul McCartney in his split from Heather Mills.
According to The Times, Ritchie has been meeting with a lesser-known law firm, Forsters.
Ritchie’s mother, Lady Amber Leighton, denied any split rumours in an interview with London’s Mail On Sunday.
“They are no different to most other couples and we all know that being together can be hard sometimes and marriages are not always a bed of roses,” she said. (ANI)
- Guy Ritchie's new girl plays 'mum' to Madonna's sons on night out - Aug 22, 2010
- Madonna 'loves Britain', despite Guy Ritchie split - Jul 27, 2010
- Madonna struggles being single mom - Mar 11, 2012
- Guy to spend Christmas with Madonna, kids - Dec 13, 2010
- Guy Ritchie's girlfriend pregnant again? - Jul 19, 2012
- Madonna plans to move back to Britain - Oct 11, 2010
- Guy Ritchie names son Rafael - Jun 04, 2012
- Madonna's love square with Jesus, A-Rod, Carlos Leon - Feb 11, 2010
- Madonna returns to studio to record new album - Jul 06, 2011
- Madonna, Ritchie to reunite for Christmas - Dec 21, 2009
- Madge takes toyboy lover, kids to Kabbalah centre - Mar 02, 2009
- Ryan Phillippe, Amanda Seyfried 'make out' at Madonna's post-Oscar party - Mar 02, 2011
- Madonna takes beau on French ride - Aug 27, 2011
- Geri Halliwell to move in with beau? - Aug 02, 2010
- Madonna's boyfriend proposes - Mar 05, 2012
Tags: bed of roses, carlos leon, daughter lourdes, divorce attorney, english director, fiona shackleton, guy oseary, guy ritchie, heather mills, kabbalah centre, mail on sunday, manhattan apartment, marital woes, onlooker, roy geronemus, sabbath service, skin doctor, time manager, times of london, trudie styler