Great-grandmother burnt as toddler sets bed afireJune 30th, 2010 - 8:03 am ICT by IANS
Washington, June 30 (IANS) A three-year-old boy with a “history of playing with fire” set alight his great-grandmother’s bed while she was sleeping in a mobile home, firefighters said.
The child woke up in the middle of the night, found a cigarette lighter and set the bed afire, firefighters in Port Orange, 91 km from Orlando, Florida, were quoted as saying by the Australian.
His great-grandmother, Phyllis Hall, was taken to hospital with burns on her hands, feet and upper body, but was discharged later.
There were seven people in the mobile home at that time, including Phyllis’ husband Gordon Hall, who was still in hospital after suffering from smoke inhalation, Port Orange firefighters spokeswoman Tanya Saylor said, adding that the boy has a history of playing with fire.
- Hospital fire kills patient in Brazil - Jul 05, 2012
- 7 children die in farmhouse fire in rural Pennsylvania - Mar 09, 2011
- Heigl names baby after great-grandmother - May 16, 2012
- Great-grandmother of Jesus identified - Dec 10, 2010
- Trinidad and Tobago honours 'nani' to mark Indian Arrival Day - Jun 12, 2012
- House fire in England kills four young children - Jan 25, 2011
- Russian teenager killed in blast while gathering scrap (Lead) - May 23, 2011
- Collectors' pride: History captured in the flame of lighters (With Images) - Jun 08, 2012
- Queen becomes great-grandmother for first time - Dec 31, 2010
- Russian boy killed in blast while gathering scrap - May 23, 2011
- Chinese firefighters rescue 3yr-old stuck in washing machine - Sep 15, 2009
- Tibetan monk self-immolates in China - Mar 15, 2012
- 14th century castle gutted in blaze - Mar 13, 2012
- 17 died in New Year fires across Russia - Jan 03, 2012
- French teenager sets himself on fire at Marseille school - Jan 19, 2011